38 will be 39 in may do I have a chance?

Sh3yy

Reaction score
:nope: I am so unsure of myself I had so much confidence that I was still young enough to conceive. I am learning that is not so at my age. I have been trying since September and AF came today so angry and frustrated. I spotted for 5 days very light pink today af is due and its brown (this is af i'm sure I've had this before). Is there any hope for my age? Am I rushing it only three months of trying? My DH is 8 years younger and I want to give him a child as in where I have two from a previous marriage :cry: I'm feeling it will not happen for us. To add our time schedules with work make it difficult but we do try hard with TTC. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear AF arrived. I am 36 and now trying. Anyway, just to help you feel better. My Aunt gave birth at 42 and my good friend gave birth to 2nd at 39. Also, my other friend was 42 when she conceived after trying for over 2 years. She said they gave up trying and were thinking of getting a dog, then she conceived. I know the stakes are higher but its no an impossible thing. Good luck!

:nope: I am so unsure of myself I had so much confidence that I was still young enough to conceive. I am learning that is not so at my age. I have been trying since September and AF came today so angry and frustrated. I spotted for 5 days very light pink today af is due and its brown (this is af i'm sure I've had this before). Is there any hope for my age? Am I rushing it only three months of trying? My DH is 8 years younger and I want to give him a child as in where I have two from a previous marriage :cry: I'm feeling it will not happen for us. To add our time schedules with work make it difficult but we do try hard with TTC. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sh3yy - Try this thread. " Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived " I wanted to heard some positive stories from ladies who have conceived over 35 so I posted the question....check it out its generated a lot of positive responses. :)

I hope so as I am 39 and ttc no.2. I have heard that taking maca, royal jelly, nettle tea and lots of exercise increases your chances - good luck

of course you are not too old, im nearly 40, 10ws pregnant, had a mc at 7wks in march and was pregnant again beginning of september, keep trying, keep positive , doc told me hes seeing women of 42, 43 every week and 40 isnt considered old anymore xxx

A bit of cheer ladies, i was sterilized and had it reversed, they could only do 1 tube though and our chances were really low. I got pregnant on the 3rd month of trying at aged 38 and have a lovely son. It also looks like I am pregnant again after 1 month of trying, I will be 41 in 2 weeks.

Aww thanks Valdree...I am 39
I also had a reversal in July 2010.. and got pregnant in September 2010, it was ectopic so I lost my right tube and baby.. just getting readdy to start ttc again.. scared its gonna be another e/p though.. xx

i am sorry to hear that Angelcake. Did you get an early scan? I insisted on one at 4 weeks to make sure all was ok. They couldnt see my little pip through my tum, so had a vaginal scan to make sure he was in the right place. They say its more common after reversal.

yes but had to wait til I was 6 weeks.. for the scan.. this time round am gonna ask for an earlier one, and earlier blood tests.. thanks for giving me hope x

Sweetie you have just as much chance as anyone else :hugs: i had my lo back in march once i turned 40 he's 8mths now & just found out im expecting again so will be 41 beforehand, i did try the Soy Isoflavones this month n believe thats what got me my BFP.

Good luck n hang in there xx

Oh Poppy, congrats:happydance: I have talked to you in the past and I am so glad you got your :bfp::happydance:

Thanks future_numan :kiss: im rooting for all of you :hugs:

Of course you have hope! Im 39 and nearly 22 weeks pregnant! We tried for about a year and I fell pregnant twice both ending in early miscarriages...we decided to throw caution to the wind and stop thinking about it so hard...next thing ya know, we got our BFP that stuck!

My doc was very encouraging all along letting me know that there is no reason why i couldnt still conceive and carry a baby to term...he explained to me that the older we get our eggs may not be quite what they once were - that was his explanation for my early MCs I mean...he told us not to give up that we'd catch on - and we did!

I promise I wanted to claw the docs eyes out every time he said "relax, it will happen!" haha! but I have to give him credit...soon as I "gave up" it did happen... :)

Hang in there and best of luck to ya sweety!

Hey Mama4,

I remember you! I remember you dealing with both of those terrible losses. And I'm so excited to see that you got your very sticky baby! Congrats! :happydance:

HI
I have a 16 month little boy who I concieved at 38 in the december. My birthday is in May too so at the time I was in exactly the same boat as you. He's perfect too, he was born 6 weeks early but hes Huge now!!!
Bex

Sorry to hear AF arrived. I am 36 and now trying. Anyway, just to help you feel better. My Aunt gave birth at 42 and my good friend gave birth to 2nd at 39. Also, my other friend was 42 when she conceived after trying for over 2 years. She said they gave up trying and were thinking of getting a dog, then she conceived. I know the stakes are higher but its no an impossible thing. Good luck!

EEG2010.....................you just made me LOL with that!!

ha ha they gave up trying and were thinking of getting a dog, thanks for cheering me up!

Sorry for hijacking this post....

and of course you have every chance of conceiving, it hasn't been long just try not to think of it! I have been trying for #25 mths now and my OH works away which is the most frustrating part of it all. I'm sure it won't be long for you X X X

Hey Mama4,

I remember you! I remember you dealing with both of those terrible losses. And I'm so excited to see that you got your very sticky baby! Congrats! :happydance:

Hey lady! Yep, I remember you too!!! It wasnt fun losing those beanies, but it has all turned out ok and I really believe theres hope for all us ladies nearing or past 40!!! Thanks so much for the well wishes!!! :hugs:

A bit of cheer ladies, i was sterilized and had it reversed, they could only do 1 tube though and our chances were really low. I got pregnant on the 3rd month of trying at aged 38 and have a lovely son. It also looks like I am pregnant again after 1 month of trying, I will be 41 in 2 weeks.
OMG inspiration you go woman!!!!!! I have hope :happydance:I am so inspired now thank you for this post!

I did not start trying to conceive until I was 39 years old. I got pregnant the first month I tried and had a miscarriage. I recovered from that and got pregnant again right away and had another miscarriage. I got pregnant for a third time in 9 months and am currently 37 weeks pregnant. : ) My baby is healthy and everything is progressing well. It is possible to get pregnant, just hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->