38 will be 39 in may do I have a chance?

I have just fallen pregnant at 38...will be 39 when it is born....I was supposed to be infertile since developing my auto immune disease 7 years ago!!! I got pregnant within 3 months of trying....I was totally shocked.....having said this though, I have already been hospitalised and I dont think this is going to be an easy pregnancy, but stay positive!

hi girls. I'll put my pennysworth. I'm 41 and got pregnant really quickly twice before, in fact it only took 2 cycles of trying properly each time. The first pregnancy I was 39, it ended in a 11 week miscarriages. The second I was 40, it ended in a 8 week miscarriage. We had a post-mortem done for the first because I was in hospital at the time. They diagnosed triploidy. It means the baby had 3 sets of chromosomes instead of two. This is a really common cause of miscarriage, but get this - it's apparently a random event, and not even related to my age. It is a condition that is not compatible with life. I'm telling you this because most women never get to find out why they had a miscarriage. Then they wonder, did I do something wrong, was it too much caffeine, that hot bath, sex etc. etc. It's nearly always because the baby has the wrong number of chromosomes. We've had difficulty TTC this year but more because we didn't bd enough around the fertile time. Now we're trying alternate days from CD4 of my cycle, plus smiley face and day after smiley face. Forget what the doctors say about your age. It's true it may take a little perserverance at our age, and perhaps better planning. It's true that we have a slightly higher miscarriage rate (1 in 4 between 40 and 44 as opposed to 1 in 3 below 40). But by far the commonest reason people fail to conceive is because they are not bd'ing early enough in their cycle, they are trying to time it perfectly to the ovulation. That won't work. The sperm take 1-2 days to get to the egg. We need to try from around CD6 and then every 2 days, this is more important even than doing the opk's. Every 2 days will ensure the sperm are fresh and there is always a new supply, plus they won't miss the egg. I also think it helped that I had my hips on 2 pillows and put my legs up against my OH's chest with the previous pregnancies. If you don't have a medical reason you can't conceive then the chances are it's timing or the sperm are slipping out. I've started using preseed this cycle. I also think the fertility doctors have a vested interest in getting people on IVF. If you haven't tried for 6 months it's too soon to lose hope! Most couples conceive within 12 months of trying. You girls are an inspiration because I can see you've suffered losses and never gave up hope!

You ladies have given me inspiration. I am TTC No3 and will be 40 in 6 weeks. I fell pregnant first month of TTC with first 2 @ 25 & 27. I know I won't be as fertile now...but who knows :shrug:

Thats what i thought last year at 39 but concieved on a night out worse for wear :haha: now pregnant again, will be 41 when this little one appears... think i was naive to think id be as fertile as i was with my other 3 boys back in my early 20's but wasnt..

Good luck sweetie xx

Hey there,

I was 39 when I conceived my two year old and we weren't even trying yet. :lol: Obviously we weren't preventing either. I was 41 earlier this year when we caught the first month we were trying. Sadly, that ended in an early mc in February.

We have still pretty much been trying ever since though we haven't managed to conceive again yet. I'm 42 and my OH is 35 now but I am not ready to give up. At least not for another four months and then we will see. It is hard to know when to give up.

You all are so inspirational. I love this.. you give me hope.. even when I think there is none. I am nearing 39 and feel like I'm in a race for time. I so want to give my DH a baby.. I have a child from a previous marriage.. I just hope this is going to be our month *crosses fingers* and thank you all for such wonderful support. Good luck to us all.

Hi, my mother got pregnant naturally at age 39. so don't give up! My youngest sister is now 15yrs old :)

good luck x

ciarhwyfar and poppy666 any tips as to how you got your bpf at 41?

I'm not sure that I would be much help. We haven't done anything special. I don't chart or temp or take anything besides pre-natals. We normally :sex: at least 3-4 times a week though I think that month it may have been closer to every day. That is about all I can think of.

Currently, if we get a :bfp:, it might be helped by the B-6 the doctor told me to take for nausea I was having. Keeping fingers crossed for this month. I should know in about a week or so.

I can't believe Monday my baby boy will be born. I am 40 years old with my first child! Hang in there it will happen. Even after suffering two miscarriages I just held my head up and decided to let God take over. It's been a long road, but Monday I will hold my child in my arms. (planned c-section)

I can't believe Monday my baby boy will be born. I am 40 years old with my first child! Hang in there it will happen. Even after suffering two miscarriages I just held my head up and decided to let God take over. It's been a long road, but Monday I will hold my child in my arms. (planned c-section)

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. :happydance::happydance:

I fell pregnant with my first child at 39 after one night of unprotected sex so baby was a surprise! I wasn't trying specifically and to be honest, I thought that my chances of conceiving would be pretty slim but how wrong was I?!
All I can say was that I lost 20lbs in weight and was exercising regularly before this happened. My dh had also lost some weight and was exercising. Perhaps our healthier lifestyles had an impact?
Anyway, the point is that you can do it :flower: Don't give up hope. It will probably happen when you least expect it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->