Hi,

I live in Leicester and went to see a lovely lactation consultant who lives in Long Eaton, I was desperate and not getting the help and advice I needed, my wee boy was struggling to put on weight. I work for the NHS and normally morally I stick with NHS but my experience was that the breast feeding support was non existent, it was suggested I give him formula at less that 24 hours because he had not fed properly. So in the end after trying pretty much everything and asking for support I found this lady at 14 weeks old and off we went to see her, just wish I'd done it sooner. She is a midwife originally and still works in the NHS so her credentials were good. I just googled Lactation consultants and found her. Not sure if we are allowed to recommend people but I just thought as she would be close to you it may help. For me it was certainly worth the journey.

hi :),
Not been in this position myself as my LO was fantastic, But i have pumped, Surestart loan out pumps, ask your HV for an referal.

Thanks hun!

Well i got on great :D been using my breastflow bottle to feed him and trying to Bf wasnt working until earlier :D!

took him upstairs and gave it a go, he got a bit fussy but i got the boob in his mouth and off he went perfect latch :happydance: wasnt for long, probably two minutes and i think he was just sucking not eating but still he latched on!! i know he can do it :D :D :D im so pleased. he pulled away and stressed so i gave him a few sucks of bottle then kept trying him on me so all in all i must have managed to get him latched about 6 or 7 times perfectly :D granted..he didnt properly feed but im so glad i KNOW he can do it

:happydance: lets see what the next feed brings ;) x
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:I'm thrilled for you!

Yay Sarah that's amazing, go you and go Max :happydance:

It took about 5 days from me getting Sofia on to getting her to feed properly, I really hope it goes quickly for you too :hugs: Although I still always had to have the ebm bottle ready for about a week after that just in case she fussed.

Well done!

Nipple sheilds may help i agree.... i had to use them for my first LO and everyone says they are no good and affect your supply but my theory was any breast milk is better than non or formula....we used them for 4 months but fed for 14 months in the end!!
Got everything crossed for you, really hope something works....you seem really determined and i think that really helps. Let us know how you get on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->