39 weeks today!

MrsMomma

Reaction score
Well! I am 39 weeks today. At my appointment last Monday (25th) I was told I was 3cm and more than 50% effaced. OB told me she didn't expect to see me at my next appointment. I had an appointment two days ago (1st) and I am still about 3cm and more than 50% effaced. OB said that he has dropped a lot since last week though.

She got our hopes up darnit! Haha. I'm bummed I haven't made any progress since last week but I guess I can't be TOO upset considering I'm a FTM and my body is doing something right.

Now I just need some contractions...that might help :) I've been experiencing braxton hicks like crazy but nothing painful.

Ready for our boy to get here!! He has gotten SO much more active this past week - I thought they were supposed to slow down towards the end?! It seems as though he spends all evening rolling around in there! Haha.

oh not long to go!!!!

good luck!!!!

i have no idea what effaced means hahah but surely 3cm is a good thing lol

hope your bubba decides to come meet u soon :)

I am also 39 weeks today and have been told for the past 3 weeks that could go at any moment. I think they just like to mess with us and give us false hope :) I have been stuck at 3 cm and 75% since then. I got a sweep/stretch yesterday and OB said that she would eb shocked if I didnt go into labor by dinner time. Well it is the next day and still nothing.

Yay! You're near the end now! I think they like giving us false hope. Maybe they think it makes us happy but darn it I just want my baby already lol. It won't be too long before we meet our little ones!

Also 39 weeks today :). At 36 weeks I was dilated, effaced and LO was engaged, my consultant told me to go home and pack my hospital bags and be ready for a delivery any day. I just chuckled- I spent the last few weeks of my pregnancy with DS being told "oh I won't be seeing you again without a baby!" only to have him forced out at 42 weeks :haha:

Urgh same here. I am 39 weeks today. On Wednesday I had a sweep and was told I am 3cm dilated. My consultant wants me to have another sweep today and if he still isn't here by Monday she has booked me in to be induced (as had eclampsia with our first)....anyways she told me that she didn't think I'd make it for my 2nd sweep. Sure enough I stared having strong painful braxton hicks every 10 mins just after my sweep. I've had alot of my "show" come out too but yesterday at 2pm the mild contractions stopped and now nothing is happening. I properly got my hopes up. My husband missed 2 days of work because of it and now I'm back to square one. Feeling very disheartened right now. They really shouldn't get our hopes up. Its not fair :'( Good luck ladies...our babies WILL be here soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->