3cm for 3 weeks.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Squeaker2803, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Squeaker2803

Squeaker2803 New Member

:cry: Todays dr. appt was so diappointing. I am still 3cm dilated for the 3rd week in a row. I am now 80% effaced but I was really hoping things would be further along now. This is my 2nd and I'm so pooped. My 2 yr old (in a few days) is wearing me out even more, along with the fatigue from the end of the pregnancy. I just feel like I can't get things done during the day. Any others out there have the same problem? If so...how long until you went into labor? I'm 37 1/2 weeks along now.

2. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I have 3 under 5 hun and totally feel your pain **Hugs** I am ready willing and waiting lol. xxxx

3. Sophist

Sophist Well-Known Member

I was at 3cm from 36w on with my daughter (also my second baby). She was born at 40+6.

4. Squeaker2803

Squeaker2803 New Member

I can't see any replies..

5. Marlarky

Marlarky Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that effacing is half the battle! You pry know this already, but Im gonna say it anyway (So that I feel smart :haha:) . During labor, it takes so long because your cervix is trying to efface and dialate at the same time. If youre close to 100% effaced already, you will finish effacing relatively fast, so that your cervix only has to dialate now. And that will make dialation go much faster and you will probably have a really short transition phase!!!

So be glad you are as far as you are! Even though this is only my first and I'm not expected to really dialate/efface early, its stll dissappointing to hear that Im not dialated at all, and only a little bit effaced.

Good luck!!

6. blessedmomma

blessedmomma Well-Known Member

absolutely right! and my OB told me that how much effaced you are is a bigger indicator of impending labor than being dilated. i usually walk around dilated between 2-4 cm weeks before labor, so i feel your pain hun....

7. readynwilling

readynwilling Jadyn & Tyler's Mom

Im only on my first, but i was told at my prenatal classes that your body has to completely efface before it will dilate beyond 3-4 cm. So the fact your almost compeletly effaced is great! Both :spermy: and Evening primrose oil have the hormone in them that causes the cervix to efface... so either of those could help!

8. PrayinForBaby

PrayinForBaby Haley's Mommy =)

I was 1cm 0% from 30+5 to 34+3 when I went to 3cm 0% and then at 37+6 when I went to the hospital to be induced I was 5cm 90% and had no idea I was in labor lol Good luck! It could be a while!