3D gender scan photo- normal?

Babybump2017

Reaction score
Hey guys
Please don't think bad of me for asking - however this is my first pregnancy (past 8 weeks) and I'm clueless and paranoid if I'm honest.

So I had my gender scan yesterday, so happy it's a boy!
However, does his hand look normal in this photo?

I know it's not great quality and baby is still small and coming together but the way the little finger is positioned set alarm bells in my head and now I can't stop thinking about it! Are they jelly like at this stage?

All tests have come back low risk.

Think I just need my mind put at rest as my next scan isn't until end of April!

Attachments

• IMG_8351.jpg
    IMG_8351.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 47
Honestly, don't worry about these 3D scan images, mine look bizarre! The hands look so peculiar and half the head looks like it's missing! I'll post up a couple of my pics from my laptop in a moment :)!

Congratulations on your little boy!

Here are 3 pics from my scan. The hands in front of her face look really odd! It's partly because they are moving all the time, so the picture is of a moving object and distorts. If the ultrasound tech didn't say anything was unusual, I'm sure all is fine! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3356.jpg
    IMG_3356.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3372.jpg
    IMG_3372.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3379.jpg
    IMG_3379.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 19
My 3D scans looked the same 6 years ago and my LO is fine! I don't think there's anything to worry about with those pics and I'm sure if there was they'd have said so. I know how you feel though, I worried all the way through and even after he was born!

The place I went to aren't doctors :( they are literally just trained to tell the gender, which is why I'm worried

The place I went to aren't doctors :( they are literally just trained to tell the gender, which is why I'm worried

It was the same at the place I went to but it said in the forms that if they did see anything untoward they would report to your midwife/hospital for further investigation rather than say anything to you. Did they ask for your hospital details? The one in my town is run by a retired obstetrician so I felt reassured by that. Are you in the U.K.?

Sarah xxx

Yes I'm in the UK. They asked for your doctors surgery on the form and doctors name xx

Same with mine, they are not linked to a hospital or doctors or anything. Just a private company. I'm in the UK too. The ultrasound tech will still be trained though, they'll have a degree! They just now work for the private company rather than the NHS! They have an obligation to tell you and your doctor if they spot anything out of the ordinary.

Please don't worry, baby looks perfectly normal. Scans are not designed to take a perfect photo of your baby in the womb. It's a cross section of a constantly moving little person! The images become distorted as baby and the fluid around baby moves. As I say, in half my photos baby looks like she only has half a head! My anatomy scan has confirmed she does indeed have a full and quite normal head :)

If you look at the hand in my first pic I posted, the fingers look like they are tiny and not properly formed at all. Again, all looks normal on the anatomy scan. It's just a distorted image!

Thanks I feel so much better! I just panicked because on the form it did state that they're not doctors so I didn't think she would even realise if anything was wrong. Xx

They would know if something was wrong , that's what they do all day every day, especially something as obvious as the hand! They would know!! And also as others have said the 3d/4d scans can not take a perfect picture of something In motion or something not in full view. When I had a growth scan the tech switched it to 4d view and I thought my dd would come out with a weird nose because every view we saw her nose looked malpositioned and very flattened. But she came out with a perfect nose! O and her foot looked so weird that I brought it up to my Dr because I was concerned her foot was deformed . .. my Dr told me the same thing I just typed and said that even in a normal ultrasound it can be hard to see when they are constantly moving, but her feet were completely fine!!

Yes I'm in the UK. They asked for your doctors surgery on the form and doctors name xx

Have a wee look in their website and see if it tells you who runs it. Both the private ones I've been to have been run by qualified doctors who, like the lady above said, just work for themselves rather than the NHS now.

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->