3months, waking hourly!

Gina91

Reaction score
Arghhh, LO goes into cot fine (ish) at night, she has a routine which seems to be working. I often have to go in and settle her a couple times before she falls properly to sleep but generally is quite good.

The problem is once she's woken after her first stretch of sleep which varies from 2-5 hours she's up hourly! Surely she's not hungry all the time?

She gets tired around 730 so I usually put her to bed at about 8, maybe this is too early? Shall I start letting her nap and then go to sleep a bit later?

Could it be to do with the amount of caffeine I drink?

Or is it simply that she knows I will give in eventually and cuddle/feed her? I think she would cry all night long if I didn't give in!

Also she sleeps badly in the day, usually only 2 halfhour sleeps. Maybe a one hour long nap if I'm lucky! I wouldn't mind but it seems quite unhealthy for a young baby to sleep so little. She gets very grumpy!

I would actually put her to bed earlier. Being overtired causes night waking. If she seems tired around 7:30pm naturally, try starting your bedtime routine at 6:30pm or 7pm. It sounds backwards, but it works!

I would also try to improve her daytime naps. At that age, I'd aim to have her down within 90 minutes of when she last woke. That may mean starting the soothing process just 60 minutes after she woke up. If you can catch her in that "magic moment" where she's sleepy, but not yet overtired, she will likely go down a bit easier and sleep for longer. Those short cat naps are somewhat normal at this age, but if she's only sleeping 30 minutes or so she should be napping four or five times a day.

Hope this helps!

My lo did the same around that age for about two weeks then resumed his usual patterns.

There's a growth spurt around 3 months, so she could well be hungry all the time! Robyn was also up 1-2 hourly (with no longer stretch at the beginning!), it lasted a week or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->