3rd baby 2/5 enagaged

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by hch, Jun 1, 2011.

1. hch

hch Well-Known Member

Hi ladies! well today i found out that baby had actually turned and is no longer breech but head down and 2/5 engaged!:happydance: so my question is do you think he will pop in and out of being engaged or do you think he is too far down now? does this mean labour could start soon? i have been induced twice before as i went overdue but remember only ever being 3/5 engaged at mw appointments! ?

2. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

i think they can still pop in and out. But the more in they are the chance must be less. Mine isnt that engaged yet.

3. jennie123

jennie123 Well-Known Member

i was 3/5th engaged a few weeks back, went back 2 weeks later and he was free again , this is my 3rd aswell x

4. LuvBeingAMum

LuvBeingAMum MuMto3Pink&Expecting

Lil buggers arent they teasing you all, how and when do they start telling you when there starting to become engaged? x

5. hch

hch Well-Known Member

my first time was today! but i now dont get to see my mw for 3 weeks! 2days before my due date! i hope he decides to get himself down a bit further and not pop out! :lol:

6. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

does your midwife feel at each appt if baby is head down?that is when they can tell. They wont always tell you but will write it in notes

7. LuvBeingAMum

gosh i thought it went down to every week or fortnight the further on you got?? Hope you have your baby sn tho hun xx

8. LuvBeingAMum

She just measures my bump as far as i know and listens to heartbeat? Maybe when i go next week she will start to check xx

9. hch

hch Well-Known Member

it is supposed to be every week so i have no idea why! maybe as its my third??? i dont know , she hasnt even discussed my birth plan or anything! good job i kind of know what im doing!

10. alasia

alasia Well-Known Member

My MW has been having a quick prod of my belly (lol) since 28 weeks - are you sure yours hasn't done that at all? Check your notes as it'll be written in there if she has palpated your tummy.

11. LuvBeingAMum

Hmmm you still deserve the care though hun they should just stick to the same thing all over the country regardless of having kids or not xx

12. LuvBeingAMum

Will have a check i think and see xx