3rd C Section and REALLY scared.

Gingersnap125

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my story. My first pregnancy went beautifully, i carried to 41 weeks 5 days, and two days before my scheduled induction my water broke, after 10 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing i was told my pelvic bones were just too small and had an "emergency" c section, my baby girl Madison was born weighing a whopping 9 pounds 2 ounces, it went well, no real complications. Well, six months later I decided i wanted another, and as planned i got pregnant, and elected for a repeat c section. It went well, i lost a bit more blood with the second, but nothing to write home about, my son Jacob was born, 9 pounds 9 ounces, he had a bit of breathing issues due to being so big and born via section and it was 7 hours before i saw him. That was in 2008. I am now 11 weeks along with my third :thumbup: and so excited, but see....heres the issue, I am terrified. I have gotten myself so worked up looking up the possible issues that i can't stop thinking "What if" what if i rupture during pregnancy, what if my c section doesnt go smoothly, what if i have to wait to hold my child again. Another issue I'm having is, my first two children have the same father, my ex husband who after 5 years cheated on me. This baby, has a different father, my loving, amazing fiance. And he has expressed wanting more then one child. My question is, in the most round about way, sorry ladies I'm long winded, has anyone had 3+ c sections? How did the third measure up to the 1st and 2nd? And after 3 how dangerous is it? :nope:

I just had my 3rd c-section almost 3 weeks ago. :) It wasn't bad at all, but to be completely honest, it has been my most painful and longest recovery out of all of them. My 2nd c-section was the easiest, by far...it was much easier and I was up and about the same day, no problems. My baby will be 3 weeks old on Monday, and I am STILL sore! I don't know what's going on this time.

But you will be fine...no worries. ;) Three c-sections nowadays are not unusual.

Hi Im due to have my fifth in aug, my third and forth went prefectly fine, just like my second and first. But this time I have problems placenta previa acreta grade 4 , its embedded into my uterus because of scar tissuse from previous sections, so I have to deliver at 34 weeks under general, which was a shock and im high risk for hysterectomy, so I def wouldnt recommend any more than 4 xxx

I am due for my 4th c-section. i have also worked myself up about it this time round, feel very scared due to the surgeon who operated on me last time advising me not to have anymore. My first two sections went very well. With my third section I felt alot of tugging and pulling. My scar also got infected twice. I don't know what is going to happen this time round. I hope all us ladies get through this. Take care x

I have had three elective c-sections. All went well. No infection, in fact my "scars" healed very nicely. I was told while being cut the third time the c-section would take a bit longer because I had some scar tissue, but nothing drastic happened with my uterus or baby. I've also never been told due to scar tissue or condition of my uterus I can no longer have babies. So, assuming everything on your end is pretty well maintained, I don't foresee anything catastrophic happening. Good luck hun!! xx

This will be my third c-section also. My first 11 years ago now was because he was breech i had the section at 38 wks. My second was 9 years ago, they said they would give me a trial of labour and i went into labour at 40+4 wks although the baby was in distress so i had emergency c-section. Now after a bit of a gap i am pregnant with my 3rd baby and will be having a c-section again. like yourself,for some reason i am more nervous now with this one than with the other two. Although i am guessing this is because i have more time to think about it,having known from the start that i am having a c-section.
I have always been led to believe that with c-sections 3 is the limit, however i ont think this is the case. :hugs:

hiya i'm away to have my 3rd c-section my first 2 went fine and i have a 9 year gap since my last. Did you find your recovery time needed was just the same as the first two? x

This will be my third c-section also. My first 11 years ago now was because he was breech i had the section at 38 wks. My second was 9 years ago, they said they would give me a trial of labour and i went into labour at 40+4 wks although the baby was in distress so i had emergency c-section. Now after a bit of a gap i am pregnant with my 3rd baby and will be having a c-section again. like yourself,for some reason i am more nervous now with this one than with the other two. Although i am guessing this is because i have more time to think about it,having known from the start that i am having a c-section.
I have always been led to believe that with c-sections 3 is the limit, however i ont think this is the case. :hugs:

Seems like that is what a lot of people think. It just depends on the condition of the scar tissue and uterus. So, everyone is different. There really is no set rule, although docs have their personal limit on when they'd like women to stop having children, actually being told not too varies from woman to woman. I have asked my obgun, for a women who seems to have a decelt healthy uterus and controlled scar tissue, when should they stop? And she told me seven is when she will tell a women to stop having babies but of course, not all of us have flawless uteruses after major surgery over and over. In fact, I guess I'd assume most of us don't by baby #5 lol. But, at the end of the day even if you have been told no more babies....if you get pregnant someone will have to give you a c section, at least here in America you cannot be denied medical help.

This does seem to be what most people assume that 3 is the limit although i never have been told this profesionally. It could also be because before i joined bnb i hadnt really heard of anybody who had had more than 3 c-sections. Your reply makes sense c-sections affect people different in many ones and desicions could only be made individually.
:)

Hi Im due to have my fifth in aug, my third and forth went prefectly fine, just like my second and first. But this time I have problems placenta previa acreta grade 4 , its embedded into my uterus because of scar tissuse from previous sections, so I have to deliver at 34 weeks under general, which was a shock and im high risk for hysterectomy, so I def wouldnt recommend any more than 4 xxx

How are you doing? I am almost 20 weeks and have been diagnosed with the same thing! Nobody knows what I am talking about b/c it is so rare. I had two previous c-sections and d and c's. I will have another ultrasound at 32 weeks to determine exactly what is needed.
I was reading exactly what you are going through- c-section at 34 weeks. I'm just so scared to have my baby that early.
I hope that you are doing good!

Every time I have a baby, I always ask the doc how many more babies my uterus can handle. We are all different! If your uterus wasn't in good condition to have another baby, I am sure that your doc would have let you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->