3rd c-section, uterus tear during second - am I at risk?

fuschia

Reaction score
During my second c-setion ( just over 2 years ago) the surgeon accidentally tore my uterus, I believe it was a small tear on the right extending the incision.

At the time she said that any subsequent babies would be born via c-section. I asked if she would advise I have no more/ how many I would be advised but she said she can't advise on that.

So I thought nothing of it and now I am pregnant with my 3rd baby. However, as my mind wanders I have started to worry about the condition my uterus is in following 2 c-sections and a tear!

My main concern is if I am at risk of just not being able to carry my baby to term. Does anyone know if there is a way they can check the condition of the scar/thickness to see if there is a problem?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am due to see a consultant at 20 weeks so I will certainly be highlighting my concerns at that stage but Im not sure I get a chance before =hand as Im unsure a midwife will be able to comment on this specific issue.

Thank you in advance - getting myself a bit worried!

I had something similar happen during my first c-section. Dr tore my uterus. Nothing really changed though, just meant I had a longer incision than some. It healed up well and during my second c-section the Dr commented that they could barely see any scaring from my first c-section! Now I'm pregnant with my 3rd and going for a vba2c and was told it would have no bearing on my risks! Also was told that torn tissue heals better and stronger than cut tissue!

Pinkpassion thank you for sharing your experience with me ! That sounds really positive :) congrats and best of luck for your vbac xxx

Interesting! I had a tear in my uterus when they went in to get Emma - however it was already there, due to adhesions, and I'm lucky it didn't cause any harm. The doctor didn't cause it. I had my tubes tied, which I was doing anyway, but he said it was a good thing anyway as my poor uterus looked rather stresses out and used up! It was fine at c-section number 2 so I guess having a third baby didn't do it any good.

During my second c-setion ( just over 2 years ago) the surgeon accidentally tore my uterus, I believe it was a small tear on the right extending the incision.

At the time she said that any subsequent babies would be born via c-section. I asked if she would advise I have no more/ how many I would be advised but she said she can't advise on that.

So I thought nothing of it and now I am pregnant with my 3rd baby. However, as my mind wanders I have started to worry about the condition my uterus is in following 2 c-sections and a tear!

My main concern is if I am at risk of just not being able to carry my baby to term. Does anyone know if there is a way they can check the condition of the scar/thickness to see if there is a problem?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am due to see a consultant at 20 weeks so I will certainly be highlighting my concerns at that stage but Im not sure I get a chance before =hand as Im unsure a midwife will be able to comment on this specific issue.

Thank you in advance - getting myself a bit worried!

Hey I don't have any direct experience but wanted to say I have similar worries as have had two previous csec , one emcs and one elcs. I haemorrhaged in my last one and I've since been diagnosed with lupus so I'm worried as on daily aspirin to prevent blood clots .

Anyway , sending you hugs and happy pregnancy vibes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->