3rd day of OPK...day 13 of cycle still Neg!!!

kandiset06

Reaction score
I have been testing the last 3 days and theyve all been negative. I test around 1pm and then have just started testing again at 11pm. I read at pee on a stick that you can test at night. I dont drink anything for 2 hours before...I just hope im not doing it wrong. I am really trying dang it!!! Weve started having sex every other day just to be safe. My CM is like a white lotiony consistency. Anybody got any advice? MY hubby is no help.

Keep testing and BD.
The lotiony CM usually comes before the watery/egg white

Kandieset don't worry - it will suddenly go positive, I test when I wake up and about 8pm in evening(some people do one in middle of day too to be certain not to miss it), I don't bother about not drinking beforehand. Usually I get a faint line 2 days before that steadily gets darker and then suddenly a positive.

Hope you get yours soon xx

Are you sure you ovulate so soon? I don't ovulate until day 21 or so. The lotiony CM definitely is a sign that you are getting close, but not there yet. I test at 11am and 5pm. I use the test with the smiley face so I never have to guess. It works for me every time. I wouldn't worry too much. Even if you don't catch your LH surge on the OPK, at least you are trying every other night! You are doing all you can do. Good luck!

Thank you ladies for the support! Yeah I dunno when I ovulate. My cycles have been 30-32 days so I'm guessing. I wanted to test early to be sure I caught it. Every other day is enough then? Most nights we are really tired. I think we are going to have to start going to bed earlier just so we can BD. lol :haha:

If you're 30-32 I reckon you'll ovulate cd16-18!! So just keep doing what you're doing hun!!

I agree with Queenie - I have a 29 day cycle and don't OV til CD16 - keep testing!

Tested today 2 times again still neg. Day 15. I'm mostly tryin to figure out what day I ovulate. I dont have a thermometer. Id have to order one off of here from somewhere cuz they dont have any BBT around me just reg ones. Ok am going to test tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

I have always found SMU gives me the best
lines on opks....never seem to get a positive other times. :shrug: also try hold for 3-4 hours between FMU and SMU. Hope you get tour positive soon :)

I agree with QueenieMurphy, if your cycle is 30-32 days, you may not ovulate until day 16 - 20 possibly. Even though our cycles might fluctuate in length and our ovulation day might move around a bit, our luteal phase (the number of days after you ovulate) should be about the same give or take a day. Normal luteal phases are 12-14 days long. A short luteal phase is anything under 10 days. Assuming yours is normal, count back 12 - 14 days from day 30. This will give you a better idea of when to start testing. Does this make sense?

PS - charting with a temp can start to be addicting. Fertility Friend has a great online chart to enter your temps. If you need info on how to chart, let me know.

Keep testing - mine looks like it's going to be late this cycle to, I'm on CD15 and no sign of a line!

I am currently using the egens tests strips. I got them on ebay. Im about ready to drive to kmart and buy the expensive ones they have there! Im afraid that the tests strips arent working. I know its still early...you think I should just keep testing? I can get some digital clearblue ones on ebay for 20-30 bucks. What kind do u recommend? I just dont want to spend a fortune on these things.

I am currently using the egens tests strips. I got them on ebay. Im about ready to drive to kmart and buy the expensive ones they have there! Im afraid that the tests strips arent working. I know its still early...you think I should just keep testing? I can get some digital clearblue ones on ebay for 20-30 bucks. What kind do u recommend? I just dont want to spend a fortune on these things.

if you are going to kmart...I am sure they will have BBT
They are usually in the same section as the condoms and HPTs
I bought mine at a pharmacy.....Walmart sells them as well -- and Ebay :)

yes keep testing....if you dont know how long your luteal phase is then you definitely should.

If your luteal phase is 10 days, and your cycle is 32 days then you would ovulate on CD22 for example.

I did other OPKs for a while and then bucked up and got the CB easy digital with the smiley face. For some reason, that detects my LH surge earlier than the First response did. (I tried them on the same day and first response was negative, but the other was positive). The first month I used the CB easy digital, I got pregnant. They are more expensive, but they take the guess work out of figuring out the test line.

I agree, keep testing. If your luteal phase is short, you might ovulate on day 22.

Stupid Kmart! No they didn't have any! They didnt have the right kind of OPKs either they had clear blue but it was the kind with the lines. Ima hafta order some online if I want to get the kind with the smiley face. I think im going to just use up the ones I have and them when they are gone get some more...question about the BBT...can I like set an alarm to like wake up and take my temp and then go back to sleep? I dont get up at they same time every day so I was just trying to figure out how I can take my temp at the same time before I get out of bed.

...question about the BBT...can I like set an alarm to like wake up and take my temp and then go back to sleep? I dont get up at they same time every day so I was just trying to figure out how I can take my temp at the same time before I get out of bed.

Yes! I do this often. Just keep your thermometer close to you. Set the alarm, pop in your mouth, wait till it beeps then take it out and go back to sleep. Make sure to use the kind of BBT thermometer that stores the temps so you can look at it later in the day and log it.

Ok well I did some more tests today...all negative. Not even a faint line. I hope I haven't missed it. I am on CD 16 so I'm hoping its just too early. Will keep testing! Thanks heart tree for all the advice! I will use the thermometer next cycle if I dont get a positive pg test. *crosses fingers*
Baby dust to everyone!!!

Heart tree I had a mc in dec too. Mine was a d&c and was on the 11th. They did an ultrasound. There was a sac but no baby. I was so sad cuz I had allready told everyone! There is a lady at work that is as far along as I should be. I dont like going to work for that reason. :growlmad:

Heart tree I had a mc in dec too. Mine was a d&c and was on the 11th. They did an ultrasound. There was a sac but no baby. I was so sad cuz I had allready told everyone! There is a lady at work that is as far along as I should be. I dont like going to work for that reason. :growlmad:

Kandiset, you are most welcome for the advice. I'm so happy to offer the things I've learned so that someone else can get a :bfp:

I know exactly what you mean about work. I had the same thing after my first mc. The woman went on to have a baby girl. It was soooo hard watching her get big and it seemed like everyone wanted to talk about it. Now, there is another woman at work who is a month further along than I should be. It's awful. Luckily for me, she mostly works from home, so I don't see her as often. My advice to you would be to be kind to the woman, but keep your distance from her if you can. You have enough to deal with emotionally right now. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with her, but I told both women that as happy as I was for them, this was a hard time for me. I told them both that I may leave the room if people start asking them about their pregnancies. I told them it was a way to protect myself. They were both very understanding. Make sure to establish your boundaries. You don't just have to grin and bear it. Leave the room if you need to. Take a walk during lunch. Don't attend her baby shower. This is nothing against her, it has everything to do with you taking care of yourself.

I hope you get your positive OPK soon and get a BFP this cycle!!!

Think I am going to test again later before work and then at 11 when I get home. I have some CM that is getting more of a EWCM consistency so hopefully I am going to get a positive test. My thermometer shipped yesturday so I should get it monday...let you know abouit the testing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->