3rd degree tear

Katiex

Mummy to Jacob and WTT
Reaction score
hi, had jacob on 31st and after having learnt i had torn. it was all quite scary as it turned out i had a 3rd degree tear. i had to go to surgery and be stitched up under a spinal and it seemed like a big deal to the doctors and surgeons and had to be in hospital a while after, so i feel like it was a bad one?

just wondering if anyone else has endured this and if everything worked out ok? im worrying a bit as i know it takes time to heal but when at hospital before i went into theatre i had to sign forms warning me of all the 'dangers' etc and it kinda made me worried.

thanks x

I had a 3rd degree tear when I had Phoebe. I'm not sure how many stitches I have but it was sore for a few days, now its not bad at all but I am still very wary of doing anything strenuous.

I didn't have to sign any forms but after they had stitched me up they warned me a small percentage of woman are incontinent etc. Luckily I am fine and haven't had any problems but I have to go back in 3 months to have it checked over. x

I know of a lass who had 3rd degress tear, she healed fine no problems ect.
I know of a lass who had the same, things werent stitched right etc she had few infections had to be restitched was on antibiotics.
My mate had 3rd degree tear, got stitched up was wrong, they done it to far towards her back passage. she needed to go back and get it redone so she could actually go to loo properly.

Hope it went okay for u

thanks, midwives at hospital before i was discharged said it was healing good and the doctor who did it is good at those things (didnt know if they were saying this make it better?) dh looked at it and says it looks all ok. i just cant stop worrying. being very careful with everything i do, im currently walking like a right idiot!! :rofl: i think they made me sign the forms incase something happens they will be covered to say they told me about it.

it is good to hear that other ppl have gone through this,

thanks x

i had a 3rd degree tear. i have ocasional "dribbles" but i think thats cos i never did my pelvic floor exercises!! i got told my stitches were fine, but when i've looked at them i dont think they're quite right, a few bumpy bits where there shouldnt be lol!! hope yours are ok xx

can i just ask for those who had stitches did you do pelvic floor whilst having them in? i got told at the hospital to do them but never asked if i should do them now or wait till the stitches are out? think will start doing them but dont wanna bust any stitches i have in and make the healing process any longer than it already will be!

I got told to start them asap, I dont think you will burst any stitches doing them. I always forget to do them though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->