3rd degree tear

Neferet

Reaction score
Anyone else pregnant after having a 3rd degree tear? I had one when I had my son 5 years Ago and I'm terrified it'll happen again. Anyone else worried about this? :/

Me! I had a pretty bad second degree tear that didn't heal very well so I'm worried about tearing again in the same place. Not really much we can do about it though so I am just trying not to think about it until I am in labour and just see how it goes. I have heard second time around you are less likely to tear so I'm hoping that proves to be true!

Hey, yes I had 3rd degree tear (and all round dreadful birth) with my first who is now 4. I've had a second child since, now 2, and I was very worried. In fact I had requested a c-section. Obstetrician had me scanned internally (not so much fun) to check that I had fully healed and talked me into doing it naturally. We compromised and I agreed to do it naturally but was induced at 40 weeks (my first ended up being 42 + weeks with giant head). Second birth was much easier, I did get second degree tear but was just a quick stitch up. My eldest still has a huge head. I would discuss with your obgyn and see what they suggest, but don't worry too much! I felt second birth I was a bag of nerves because first time was so difficult, but in the end it was fine... 😀

Yep i had one with my daughter who is 1 now and i'm pregnant again. The healing was a nightmare! She was big though (9lb 12oz) and i did have forceps. My midwife said everything down there is a bit more stretches now so your less likely to tear again. Still scared though!

I had a second bordering on third degree tear with my first, but with my second I only had a minor graze no stitches at all. Similar size babies too at 9lbs 4oz and 9lbs 7oz.

I had a 3b tear after episiotomy and forceps delivery. Was a long recovery with about 6 months of physio! I'very just found out I'm pregnant and am quite apprehensive, but my mother had the exact same delivery & same 3b tear with me (her eldest) & went on to have 2 plain straight forward vaginal births afterwards so I am holding on to that! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->