3rd IVF/ICSI Long Protocol

LoveSunshine

Reaction score
Hello, it's been a while since I posted on here, we had a failed second IVF attempt in May and are now onto a third attempt with a private clinic.

I started the Synarel spray on Friday which I will take for the next two weeks, then I will start on Prednisolone, Clexane, Menopur and trigger with Ovitrelle.

Today I had a hysteroscopy which found that I have a dip in my uterus so they cut that and did an endometrial scratch.

Basically I think they're doing everything they can to get me pregnant lol, I'm feeling nervous about the Clexane injections because I've read (stupid Google) a lot about how painful they are!

I'll be having an ultrasound on 4th September to see how I'm doing. Please wish me luck!

Good luck.

I had my 3rd failed cycle back in June and started BCP today for an egg donor cycle (aiming for transfer in Oct).

I had clexane and Prednisolone on my last cycle and they are fine so don't worry. I was scared about the clexane injections but they are really no different to the stim injections, if anything I found them easier. My only advice would be to push the applicator up slightly before injecting to loosen it, because they come prefilled I found them quite stiff which caused me some horrible bruising (I still have marks) once I started pushing the applicator so the liquid move up closer to the needle I found I wasn't pushing so hard into my stomach and it really helped (I hope that make sense).

As for the Prednisolone, they gave me loads of energy but they do increase your appetite and unfortunately I did get the classic 'moon face' so I would say watch what you are eating.

I hope this is 3rd time lucky for you :flower:

Don't do it... it will scare you more than the clexane!

Oh for gods sake lol. The things we have to flipping do for this!

Just wishing you luck!! Hoping this cycle is all you need to get pregnant!

Argh! Feeling so nervous about starting the injections tomorrow and starting the steroids, I don't want to get fatter! It feels like this cycle is taking so long (it is the long protocol) and I can just imagine how terrible the TWW is going to be :( I know it will all be worth it in the end but still... need some hugs ladies.

Hello, we had 7 eggs collected on Monday and although 4 fertilised only one of them was good enough for putting back in. Really disappointing but I suppose at least we got one Grade A embryo which has now been transferred (2 day transfer).

So now we wait! The first week of the TWW is always alright, it's the second week where I go mental and start testing every day!

Fingers crossed.

Congratulations on being PUPO. Sorry to hear you only got one to transferred but as they say 'it only takes one'. I hope this is finally your rainbow.

Hope you are coping ok in the TWW, I always find it torture. How are you coping with the clexane and steroids?

:flower:

Thanks. And I know, I know, it only takes one. Still disappointing though.

I am coping ok at the moment but that's usually the way, it's the second week of the TWW that kills me and when I start testing testing testing lol. I seem to be doing well on the steroids, I've actually lost quite a bit of weight while being on them! So I'm not so worried about moon face now :) And Clexane is..well.. clexane. Nasty but once it's done it's done eh.

How are you doing? Looks like you've found a donor??

Great news that you are not having any side effects from the steroids. Lucky you.

Keep yourself as busy as possible to help with the wait. I see your OTD is 22/09 that seems really far away. I assume will you start testing soon?

I am doing really good thanks, yep we found a donor match. It's all happened really quickly. I have my down regulate injection tomorrow which I am not looking forward it (the needle is massive), stop my last BCP Tues and then fly over to Greece in about 3 weeks for a transfer. So far so good!

I don't know when I'll start testing... probably when I get taken over by the pee stick monster - reckon I've got a couple of days before that happens lol. I haven't felt any urge to do it yet and I'm enjoying that feeling! Mind you, it's only been 5 days since transfer :lol:

7DP2DT and I couldn't resist peeing in a cup this morning :( This is where the annoyingness sets in and my mind gets taken over by the urge to test! It always happens to me in the second week. Sigh.

6 days til OTD!

Yes the second week is the hardest.

I doubt there would be enough HCG in your urine yet so don't lose hope and stay positive. Not much longer to go.

Good Luck :flower:

It was negative today as well - 8dp2dt.

This time last year when I was going through the first attempt where it worked (miscarried at 4 weeks) it was positive from 8dp2dt. Feeling down and emotional today, really don't want to have to go through all this again.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

9dp2dt and another BFN this morning.

I know it's still early but I am seriously losing hope. Also dreading the period I'll have when it comes because it is going to be so heavy. Urgh.

I am sorry to hear this, I really do hope it changes for you.

Life is so unfair sometimes :hugs:

Thank you. Not much is happening down there so maybe there is still hope. And perhaps I shouldn't go by the time it worked and then didn't work. Maybe it's good it hasn't shown a positive yet... Ah look at me being all positive ;-)

How are you doing?

I found this on another website if this helps? I always referred back to the implantation days to try keep me sane in the TWW. According to this you still have a few more days.

This is what happens in a 2 day transfer:
1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
3dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
4dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
5dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
6dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
7dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
8dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
9dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
11dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
12dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

I am doing good thanks, just waiting for the AF to arrive this weekend. It's not going to be a nice one I don't think after taking my prostap injection so not really looking forward to it.

Morning! I forgot to test this morning, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Probably doesn't matter, I'm feeling a bit like AF is going to come. I guess we'll see!

I keep that chart as a picture on my phone to refer back to but it doesn't stop me thinking ;-)

Here's hoping for non painful AFs when they come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->