3rd time lucky??? Please ,please, please...

mum2joe

Cautiously pg!
Reaction score
Well it's been a while my lovelies since I last posted :blush:

But I have been a dedicated lurker & checking up on my old friends.

For those of you who have yet to have the v dubious pleasure of meeting me yet my name is Sarah, I'm 37 (eek) & married to the love of my life Paul & we are very blessed with our 13 year old son Joe (long story short we tried for Joe for over 2 yrs,I had no periods, had all the usual tests lap & dye, yadda yadda & were about to start ivf when kabooooom I found out to my total shock & joy that I was pregnant!!)

Well around this time last year we decided to be greedy & try for another & sadly that's where it all started to go horribly, horribly wrong.
I was lucky enough to get my 1st BFP in March, but lost her (felt v strongly that it was a girl) at 8+1 on 6th April, didn't have a period & fell pg again only to suffer another loss on the 20th of July at roughly the same time (we were never totally sure of our dates as there was no AF to judge it by).

The 2nd loss just destroyed my world, I gave up all thoughts of trying again, couldn't bear the thought of putting my family through it all again, let alone my body ( physically the 2nd loss was much much worse than the 1st ) & I stepped off the rollercoaster of TTC, I was just decimated- was so convinced that lightning couldn't strike twice & had bought clothes & bits (how naive I was)- it just hurt beyond belief having to pack them all away.

I was in bad shape & there were days at a time that I couldn't leave the house & face the world, but I am blessed with my wonderful husband & son & they got me through & I started to see a tiny pinprick of light at the end of the very very long tunnel of grief & loss.

I couldn't face coming on here but I missed my friends who had been such a support & I checked in on them to see how they were going on their journeys, was overjoyed to see happy endings for some of you & devestated to see things going pear shaped for some of you.

So back to yesterday, we got another BFP :headspin:, my 3rd of the year, we decided a couple of weeks ago mid :sex: to try again (well thought out & rational as ever :rofl:)

So here I am & I'm totally terrified & trying to be optimistic ( & failing about 60% of the time)

HUGE :icecream::cake::wine::flow: if you got to the end of possibly the longest BFP annonuncement ever :blush: but I didn't publicly announce my previous BFPs, so wanted to buck the trend this time..

FINALLY (honest & then I'll bugger off) I wanted to send the HUGEST :hugs::kiss: to the wonderful ladies who were my rock all those months ago, the lovely Lyns (good to see you still fighting my cariad), Poshie (so so sorry my darling- I sadly know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now), Samba (here we are again cheering for your Christmas reindeer nutty one), Nicky (yee-haaaaa so so happy for you sweetheart!!), Applegirl (yay Pam you only went & did it tooooo!!!), Chris (get you Mrs mini-mod!!), Reedy (how utterly perfect is your gorgeous baba!), Donna (well done sweetie-hope you come back to give me a hand with all this!), and all those other wonderful ladies who popped in to send their love & wish me well....

Ok I'll shut up now!:rofl: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your story made me cry as it's so similar to mine, I'm so sorry for your losses. I really hope that this time round you PMA is working and that little baby is gonna hang on in there til the end - sending you lots of positive vibes across the miles

aww hun congrats sending you sticky :dust: by the bucketload! xxx

massive congrats to you!!!!
ur story is so touching but so sad. i can relate to what you have been thro. this is my 5th bfp is 2 yeas, all 4 ended in early m/c. if u want a chat feel free to pm me but looks like u have some lovely friends on here
good luck xxxxx

:wohoo: Im soooooooooooooooo happy to see this announcement Sarah babe!! :wohoo:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

:yipee: :dance: :headspin: :happydance: :yipee: :dance: :headspin: :happydance: :yipee: :dance: :headspin: :happydance: :yipee: :dance: :headspin: :happydance: :yipee: :dance: :headspin: :happydance: xx

OMG !! HUGE congratulations and a boat load of extra lucky, sticky baby dust.

:dust:

Awww guys now look what you have done to an overly hormonal woman!!:cry:

Thankyou so,so much for all your lovely well wishes & for all those fellow angel baby mummies who have posted their good wishes, huge, huge hugs & kisses to you all, what an utterly shite club to be a member of, but my God we are strong & brave survivors.

I send floaty kisses up to all your angels & I just know that with such terrible grief comes huge solidarity & that no words are really necessary between us, we just *know* how it is....sadly

I hope with all my heart that those who are yet to have the joy of a little screamer achieve their dream so soon & that we can all help each other along the way :hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS Nicky...yeeeeehaaaw!!:flower:

Many Many Congratulations babe and thanks for the mention ;) It's great to have you back and I can totally empathise with how you must be feeling. Scared, overjoyed, nervous, even more scared. But this HAS to be 3rd time lucky hun! Please take care of yourself :hugs:

:friends: to you my beautiful Poshie & as I said above, sadly no words are necessary are they :nope:

but my God do I need you as a bump bud missy- it didn't exactly work out for us last time did it :cry: so here's to 3rd time lucky for both of us sweetheart xxx

Thank you so much and I would dearly love to be your bump buddy :hugs: I'm working on it big time...give me a couple of weeks ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->