3rd Times a Charm***Round 3 of Clomid (TTC#1)

Welcome ladies and good luck on your clomid journeys :) For me, I was on 50mg for 6 months and took it at 8pm and had no side effects other than dry cm. I made sure I used Pree-seed for that when bding. This month is my first month on 100mg and I take it at 9pm and the only thing I have mentioned are the hot flushes. They last for less than 5 mins and they go away. Some women get the side effects really bad, but for me it's bearable....anything for my bfp :)

I did Clomid for 5 cycles and got hot flashes and mood swings. I also had a thin endometrial lining and very little CM. The first time I went to the FS, she commented on the lack of CM and said that was probably a big reason why Clomid hadn't worked for me so far. I was also on only 25mg because I was very sensitive to it, even with that low dose I was always getting at least two follicles that ovulated. Now I'm on Letrozole and have plenty of CM. I did an IUI yesterday and another one this morning, so I'm officially in my TWW.

Good luck Stayhopeful!!! Hopefully this is your golden ticket :) clomid dried me out too so i wonder if that has something to do with all failed cycles. We used preeseed but maybe it wasnt enough? I will have mu iui next week so i will be right behind ya :)

Good luck Stayhopeful...lots and lots of baby dust to you...

Hope1049 same goes for you when you have your IUI next week...

And everyone else lots and lots of baby dust

Thanks, ladies, and good luck Hope on your IUI next week! It wasn't quite as painful for me this time...

I've been insanely busy at work, which has probably been good because I haven't really had the time to sit down and worry about this tww. I'm just having a hard time feeling positive this month. One minute I do, but the next minute I feel like it hasn't worked so far, what makes this month different? :cry:

Busy is good Stayhopeful. It can keep your mind off of the symptom spotting, lol. I will find out what the game plan is tomorrow after my ultrasound. I really think that I am mentally and physically starting to shut down with this whole ttc business. Not only have we drained our bank accounts, but my mental and physical state of being is not what it use to be. 16 months ttc after my mc was not something that ever crossed my mind.

Good luck on your ultrasound tomorrow, hope! I completely understand where you're coming from about starting to shut down. We haven't been trying nearly as long as you, so I can't even imagine. The financial burden since we started with the FS has been a whole new level of stress too. Once we made the switch from my regular Gyn, nothing is covered under insurance.

:dust: for you tomorrow!

Well ladies, my iui is set for tomorrow! i was not expecting it so quick, i thought for sure i would have until thurs or fri, but doc saw 2 nice follies on each side (19 and 14 on the R and 16 and 14 on the L), did a urine test to see my LH and he said i was getting ready to surge. so i triggered right there on the spot and have to go in tomorrow morning for the iui. i really pray that this second time around works!!!

FX'ed for you Hope!!! Wishing you lots of babydust and an easy procedure.

Thanks ladies. I will find out on halloween if tje second iui worked. DH swimmers had better motility today so im hoping that will do the trick :)

Hi ladies.
Just to drop in a quicK update, I was on he 5 the sycle of clomid unofficially the 6th as I'd a month off too,tested a day before AF was due n got a positive hpt. Its still early but I'm very scared too. I think the thing that helped was ovulation tracking that we did privately this month. I'm super tired n nauseous . I pray for all of u to get your bfps real soon Amen . N please pray that its a sticky bean ...
Wishing all of u loads of Baby Dust !!!!!

Are u all tracking your Ovulation? You know I swear by Clear Blue Digital ovulation tests. It gav me a smiley right at the same time my sonographer detected on the ultrasound. Pls do give it a try if our looking for an alternative o scans. I'm really hoping n praying for Everyone to get their bfps :)

Egg muffin your news made me sooo happy! :happydance: congrats! As for opk, I have been using that every month since ttc....love it! I am 11dpiui today and really feel positive this month but who knows. I will be testing in a few days so I will keep you all posted. :hugs:

Congrats, egg muffin!

Another bfn for me. I'm devastated and having a really hard time bouncing back this month. We're talking about taking a ttc break. I just feel like it will never happen.

Hi stay hopeful n hope 1409!! Firstly u must stay positive. But it isn't as easy as it sounds I understand .. I've been thru the same roller coaster of emotions n frustrations . U know u shd try n be optimistic , it will happen when it's supposed to happen. U know this month we'd already given up, I didn't even bother think about clomid as my parents were visiting me n I've been so excited so I forgot it almost. Was shocked n thrown into tears when saw the line. U know pcos ppl should never ever give up.

Trust it Will happen for u too n really soon

I'm so praying for u xoxo

Well i had really high hopes last night as i was 14dpiui and no sign of af....sure enough she arrived bright and early this morning. Looks like her flight had a little delay...uggh!

So I will be doing my last iui this month and if no bfp this go around, we are going to go the natural way. Maybe i will look into soy isoflaves to replace the clomid? I am just so tired of it all. Hope you ladies are well :)

So sorry, Hope! :hug: FX for you this round!

AFM, it's been a rough week. DH and I went in for a consult with our FS on Monday, she told us that basically our next option is IVF. She said it wouldn't hurt to try one more IUI cycle, but I've done quite a few cycles of ovulation induction and the fact that it hasn't worked yet for no apparent reason is concerning. She said that not all the cycles I did were idea, especially the Clomid cycles with my regular gyno, which is why she thought another IUI cycle might be worth it, but she thinks that IVF will be our best chance. It was really hard to hear, I had no idea we were at that point yet. DH and I went home Monday night to think about it and ended up getting in a big fight. He doesn't want to do another round of IUI right now, he wants to take a break. I thought I did, but I couldn't stand the idea of not trying this month especially if it's our last month before we move toward IVF. And we're not sure about IVF, I know the chances are better but it's so expensive. We argued Monday night and Tuesday morning, I was so upset Tuesday I was sick to my stomach but then discovered I had a stomach bug. We ended up deciding to do one last round of IUI this month. The FS wants us to skip the oral drugs and only do Menopur injections. If this month doesn't work, we'll talk about IVF and decide if we want to do it, then start saving for either that or adoption. I also had a hysterosonography test on Tuesday, which was normal. I'm just trying not to freak out about the fact that this is my last chance before IVF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->