3rd tri scans?

Snoopy

Reaction score
I've seen so many posts around here about having scans in late pregnancy, particularly growth scans. Am I missing out on something? I know many scans are for high risk pregnancies, and I'm not one of those, but some seem to be for low risk too. AFAIK I don't get any more scans....unless I go over or something.

This probably seems like a stupid post, but we didn't go for the 4D scan in the end and the last time I saw LO was at my 22wk anomaly scan :(

hiya hunni i have have had my 3rd scan today (growth) but with dd and ds only got the one scan :( now 2 scans seem to be the rule and i dont think you will get another...sorry hun although you aint got long to wait til u meet lo :) xxx

I'm having a scan at 33 weeks + 6 because of a low lying placenta being picked up at my anomaly scan xx

As far as I know, the 20 week scan was my last. We're not paying money for a 3d/4d, so next we see our baby will be his birth.

yeh im same hun, last time I saw LO was at 20 week anomaly scan. I was measuring two weeks behind on fundal height for a while and they didnt offer me a growth scan. You are only supposed to get two on the NHS (12 week dating and 20 week anomaly) unless there is cause for concern. Some areas are more willing to offer growth scans than others tho I think. x

I'm only having growth scans as my fundal height is measuring 5 weeks behind. But Flump is fine.

I am due my 3rd NHS scan at 28 weeks but that's because I'm on steroids for an existing medical condition, which can limit the baby's growth. All was fine at my 20 week scan but according to the sonographer they always err on the side of caution (and I'm not complaining - another chance to see my little one!)

Ok thanks guys :D Thought I was really missing out on something there!

I had my 12 week scan and my 20 week scan, but also had a quick one @ 16 weeks when i went for my bloods to check downs syndrome risk etc (cant remember wat it was called) and also had a quick one one last friday when i got my anti-d jab. seems to be common practice in my hospital to give you a wee scan when you are getting any jabs or blood taken. the doctor was able to tell me that our little popsicle was 4 1/2 lbs though and that shes growing well. have been told i get another one at 35 weeks for growth check and if i go overdue i get one at 40 weeks too. i only got photos at the 12 weeker and the 20 weeker tho. i think it depends on your hospital hun!

Blimey NuKe, that's a whole lot of scans! If I'd had one each time bloods were taken I'd currently be up to 6! :D Although the sonographer at my anomaly scan said they don't try to guess weight any more as they consider it inaccurate...different hospitals, I guess.

We had our scan at 20 weeks - but we're having another one at 37 weeks just to make sure he's measuring right, because they changed our due date by 2 weeks.

We had our scan at 20 weeks - but we're having another one at 37 weeks just to make sure he's measuring right, because they changed our due date by 2 weeks.

Did they change the date due to a fundal height issue?

I am having scans pretty much every week/fortnight since 27 weeks as my baby has enlarged kidneys and they want to monitor them and the fluid around the baby. I have had about 8 so far and have at least 2 more.

It is nice to see baby so often, but before every scan I do worry in case the kidneys have are not working properlyl/ the fluid is reduced. x

I have to have growth scans every 2 weeks from 26 weeks due to gestational diabetes. Also had 4 before 20 weeks due to bleeding and a previous abnormailty. The scans later in pregnancy arent as good as anomoly one however you dont really see much as babs is so cramped.

I think they're should be another scan between 20 weeks and full term. Going that long without seeing baby seems quite scary to me, so I know what you mean!

I've been quite "lucky" that I have had 5 scans now...but not so lucky that I've had the problems which led to the scans!! x

I've been quite "lucky" that I have had 5 scans now...but not so lucky that I've had the problems which led to the scans!! x

Yeah, I should point out I certainly wouldn't trade health issues for seeing LO more often.

I think my main reason to see LO is completely selfish though as an idea of size would be reassuring....thinking along the lines of labour and pain and ouch and....

I completely know what you mean :hugs: I was VERRRRY worried about the thought of not seeing baby on a scan for so long...then I got to 30 weeks and had a nice surprise when I got to see him/her!!

I reckon a 30-34 week scan should be made compulsary :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->