4 1/2 weeks - Still Spotting, Advice Please!

I tested at 11 Dpo and got a BFP. Blood test confirmed at 12 dpo with hcg of 40. Two days later my follow up hcg showed 148,so the doctor was happy about that number. It's not been 3 more days (17dpo today).

I had dark brown spotting very lightly for a couple days around 12-14 dpo. I also had ligh, period like cramping. Then the spotting went away. Now today, 17dpo, I had a drop of more of a rust colored blood and the light cramping never went away, it's still pretty consistent. Dull, but there.

I'm really nervous because most of what I read says this is way too late to still be having implantation bleeding, and that only 25% of women have spotting or bleeding during the first trimester.

I don't have an appointment until I'm 8 weeks, in a month,and I don't know how to make it that long thinking I'm still pregnant if I'm really not.

Am I overreacting to one drop of dark blood and continuous cramping?

Hi Marqelle,

How did everything work out? I, like you tested positive for the first time ever last week Monday. We too have been trying for 9 years, (I have PCOS).

I have had cramping and brown spotting (only when I pee and wipe) since Wednesday which ended yesterday, but I was very worried and still am.

When I tested I was 4 weeks 2 days. So I am now 5weeks 3 days and just have twinges and minor cramps not like last week.

Sammi

I know this post is now old but thanks for posting @Marqelle93 im in the boat you were in then and was worrying but I’m remaining calm. How are you and baby now?
I'm so sorry this post was so long ago.

Thank you for asking, I'm not 12.5 weeks and doing great! Sick everyday and hating it, but making it through. First ultrasound at 8 weeks looked good and I have my 13 week one next Wednesday. Turns out the spotting was happening the morning after intercourse, so that's what my doctor said was causing it, sensitive cervix.

Hi Marqelle,

How did everything work out? I, like you tested positive for the first time ever last week Monday. We too have been trying for 9 years, (I have PCOS).

I have had cramping and brown spotting (only when I pee and wipe) since Wednesday which ended yesterday, but I was very worried and still am.

When I tested I was 4 weeks 2 days. So I am now 5weeks 3 days and just have twinges and minor cramps not like last week.

Sammi
Congratulations that is so amazing! It's so surreal when you FINALLY see those 2 lines after almost a decade isn't it?

How are you doing now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->