4.5 month old - baby rice question

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

We waited until 6 months before introducing any rice or anything into DD1's diet, but looking back, she was definitely ready before then and was pretty hungry on just the milk. With that in mind, we have decided to introduce a tiny bit of rice to DD2's diet now.

My question is, how much do you give a 4/5 month old at a time? and how many times per day? I've been doing 1 spoon of rice mixed with about 7 spoons of milk twice a day. So its literally a few mouthfuls in the morning, then a few mouthfuls at teatime. Most of it drips down her chin at this stage!

Am I giving her too much? Should it be once a day? Or more in one sitting?

Personally, I've never given rice at all, it's tasteless and not very nutritional but both my babies have start weaning 'early' at 5+ months. My son who is just 5 months now has hated all baby foods so far, fruit and veg purees and baby cereals didn't go down well. He has tried small amounts of yoghurt, spinach, mashed banana, ready brek, hard boiled eggs yolk and Farleys rusks with milk and they've all gone down fairly well, no reason why a 4.5 month old can't eat those kinds of things if they are ready to wean. I haven't been feeding him every day, he could eat 2/3 days in a row and then not have anything for 2/3 days, today he had 2 small meals (as much as he wanted) but I haven't cut out any milk yet, he drinks around 30oz a day. Formula is more nutritional than baby rice so I would feed whatever your dd wants on top of her usual amount of milk, just adding to it rather than replacing any. I find it handy that my toddler eats things like banana, frozen spinach, mashed sweet potato, yoghurt and eggs, it means I don't have to cook and freeze huge amounts of puree and my LO can just try a bit of what she's having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->