4+5 no symptoms but last preg had HG terrified it'll hit again!!

Egyptiangirl

Mum and TTC No 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im currently 4+5 with no 2. With my 1st, I had nausea and dizziness from 3 weeks and by 7 weeks I was unable to leave the house, couldn't even keep water down. So far with this one I've had mild occasional queasiness if I don't eat and more frequent bathroom trips and fatigue but otherwise I barely feel pregnant at the moment. I'm terrified that it will hit suddenly at 6 or 7 weeks as bad as the last time as I had it almost all the way through my last and just don't know how I'll cope this time with ds who is 17 months old. Has anyone had pregnancies started like this and stayed mild who have had other bad pregnancies?

I had BAD HG with my first. With this one I would say I have bad MS. I was terrified too. It's rough as I have a 2 yr old but it is not HG. I never thought I'd escape it. I started meds at 5 weeks though, might have helped.

i didnt have HG but i was throwing up about 3/4 times a day, i couldnt eat hardly anything and could just about drink.
This time around i feel sick if i dont eat but other than that im fine, im praying it just stays like this until 12/14 weeks.

Hi everyone,

Im currently 4+5 with no 2. With my 1st, I had nausea and dizziness from 3 weeks and by 7 weeks I was unable to leave the house, couldn't even keep water down. So far with this one I've had mild occasional queasiness if I don't eat and more frequent bathroom trips and fatigue but otherwise I barely feel pregnant at the moment. I'm terrified that it will hit suddenly at 6 or 7 weeks as bad as the last time as I had it almost all the way through my last and just don't know how I'll cope this time with ds who is 17 months old. Has anyone had pregnancies started like this and stayed mild who have had other bad pregnancies?

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. I think for me this time the fear has been as bad as actually suffering the HG. I started getting nauseous at 5 weeks this time, went into melt down panic at week 6 because I was so scared it was getting worse and decamped to my Mum's with my 2 year old for three weeks. It peaked at 7 weeks this time (was 9 weeks last pregnancy) with a hospital stay and has gradually improved to now (12 weeks tmrw). I'm returning to work on Tues after having 4 weeks off plus the Easter holidays.

I really hope it doesn't happen for you, but if it does you will be able to get through it. When I was at my worst all I did was live minute to minute and get through the best I could. Get meds early if you can and try not to think about it (if only I could take my own advice): you might be lucky! I have my fingers crossed for you. :hugs: x

Tryin4baby, that's how I feel. Only queasy if I don't eat so far. If it stays like this I'll be ecstatically happy and grateful!! That's very encouraging to hear and given u r 7 weeks im guessing if it was gonna get bad it would have by now. I'm sure with my last I was feeling quite sick on and off since 4 weeks and at 7 weeks it went into overdrive. But so far this time seems different.
Here's hoping!!

Prinny1, thanks. At the moment I'm making the most of it. The meds I was given.last time didn't work. Which ones are you taking? I am taking a high dose of Vit b6 and b12 to try to tackle the problem before it starts so we'll see.

Few ladies i know who had previous hg have started meds as soon as they found out and thankfully didnt get hit as hard msybe something worth trying.

I had hg for first time which hit at wk 7 and was in hospital by wk 8 i really feel for anyond suffers with this it is truely horrid thankfully mine has calmed down.x

Prinny1, thanks. At the moment I'm making the most of it. The meds I was given.last time didn't work. Which ones are you taking? I am taking a high dose of Vit b6 and b12 to try to tackle the problem before it starts so we'll see.

Lovely cyclizine and Zantac... When I was in hospital saw that cyclizine didn't work for everyone, so I guess I'm lucky in that sense... Have you looked at the 'help her' website. It's the only website dedicated to HG that I've found, it has a list of suggested things you can do to prepare just in case. Although, I found it a bit depressing so maybe avoid it unless it hits!! X

cyclizine has took 2 weeks for me to see a differance however if i get a bad day they do nothing.

Ok thanks girls, I will bear that in mind. I'm already taking high dose of b6 and b12 and magnesium as well as Zantac. The Bs are supposed to help with the nausea and vomiting and apparently prevention is better than cure. Last time I took phenergan which did nothing except put me to sleep!! And then tried avomine which wasn't much better!! My HG last time was like motion sickness so any movement at all made me sick. I might look at motion sickness meds too this time just in case!!

I had hg in both my previous pregnancies, and both times it started at around 7 weeks. I'm 7 weeks today and up until 2 days ago I was starting to think I would avoid it this time but the past two days I felt sick all day, was only sick once though. I'm trying to eat as much as I can to keep it at bay and so far I'm managing.

I'm like you, really worried that I'll get hg again and I read if you've had it once likelihood is you'll have it again. My doctor told me because iv had it twice it's unlikely I won't have it this time. I'm going to doctors next week to start some meds because I don't want to be admitted as I have a 4 year old and a 20 month old to look after.

I really feel for you cause it's just awful! Xx

Poor thing - i feel for women who have HG and i can totally imagine the fear for it happening again. From what i have heard though it doesn't necessarily happen for all pregnancies. You could very well be completely safe this time!! Stay positive. :hugs:

I had HG with dd for the whole pregnancy! I'm terrified too but so far ive had mild nausea and have thrown up 5 times. I keep thinking something is wrong bc this is a piece of cake compared to last time. I just consider myself lucky that it hasn't happen again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->