4 mo won't nurse in public?

mac1979

Mommy to a Raptor
Reaction score
We have had a few outings the last few months where I have tried nursing my now 4m/o in public...with a cover, without a cover, with a blanket, etc and she just won't do it, but then she gets cranky because she is hungry. Is this normal, should I try getting her to use a bottle since I wouldn't have problem expressing before we go out for longer outings? Am I doing something wrong?

They are extremely distractible at that age. My LO started to refuse nursing in public at 4 months, and now won't even nurse at our house unless we are in her bedroom with the lights off. She will drink out of a Miracle Cup so I take expressed milk in her cup when we go out and she will take sips out of that enough to keep her hunger at bay. I try not to be gone from the house for more than 3 hours at a time as a result. We are going camping for 4 days next week and I am really stressed about how I am going to feed her, but I figure if she gets hungry enough she will nurse. She makes up for less daytime nursing with more frequent night nursing.

My lo is always wired and just can't relax. The only way I can get him to nurse when out sometimes is to nurse him while walking around 😮 I sure hope it changes lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->