4 Month old waking early hours wanting to play..

J

Jem88

My LO doesn't STTN but she's mostly a good sleeper, sleeping 7/8pm - 6.30am waking twice during the night for a feed. But we do have the odd night where she can wake maybe every hour with wind but she's still really sleepy and goes straight down after i wind her. But the past 3 day's she's been waking for her 4am feed sleepy but then waking an hour later wide awake wanting to play :dohh: she stops overnight at my parent's every sat, and this morn she woke my mam up at 3.30am and was wide awake playing until 5am then she slept til 6am and was then awake for the day. Her routine hasn't changed, she's going to bed at the same time, she has a blackout blind so it's not the light waking her. Anyone else's LO do this? :dohh::dohh:

Well unless she is crying, i would just ignore her. The worse thing you could do is probably get up and show her any attention tbh as she will just repeat it and it will become learned behaviour. If she is in her cot she will probably get bored and eventually fall asleep anway.

my LO sleeps fro 8 or 9pm to 7am, waking up once fora bottle, and usually falls asleep 2 seconds later!... last night she woke at 3.30, took her bottle, and decided she would love to tell me a nice long story! Oh dear!

OH was camping, so I lay her next to me on my bed, all of the lights were off, and just ignored her. She starts to moan sort of when she is sleepy, and as soon I heard the moans, I put the dummy in and she was fast asleep.
Best idea is to ignore her unless she is crying.

My LO did this last night. He sleeps from about 7/8 and when he wakes up is random. Some nights he wakes at 1ish am and I#ll put his dummy in and he goes back to sleep, usually it's 4am ish and i get him in with me if he doesn't go back off to sleep. This morning at half 3 he layed there talking away and eventually dropped off. He isn't having a night feed? Do you think that's bad could he be hungry?

My LO did this last night. He sleeps from about 7/8 and when he wakes up is random. Some nights he wakes at 1ish am and I#ll put his dummy in and he goes back to sleep, usually it's 4am ish and i get him in with me if he doesn't go back off to sleep. This morning at half 3 he layed there talking away and eventually dropped off. He isn't having a night feed? Do you think that's bad could he be hungry?

Im sure I read somewhere on this forum that if the baby is under 1year, you should offer a feed if they wake up at night. I dont know how iportant this is though. I guess if your LO isnt demanding, and is getting enough through the day,then its alright?

Im sure I read somewhere on this forum that if the baby is under 1year, you should offer a feed if they wake up at night. I dont know how iportant this is though. I guess if your LO isnt demanding, and is getting enough through the day,then its alright?

Ooh I havent heard this. He doesnt demand it so I don't know!!

Ollie was sleeping 8pm to 5pm with no wake up but last couple of nights has been hungry at 1.40am !! Dont know why that time but I always offer a feed if he wakes in the night the routine seems to settle him - very rarely does he stay awake usually drops off after 15/20 mins, he isnt a self settler though he does need help - usually the 5am wake up he last for an hour and then sleeps till hlf 7.

We dont have a routine dont spose we will either !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->