4 month regression? Or something else?

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
My baby is 4 months old and EBF.... she was FINALLY getting to sleep relatively easy and giving me like a five hour stretch every night. Starting a week ago she has been still happy but fussy with others (mostly at parties).... won't let ANYONE hold her but me... and is waking up a million times at night. I'm getting very little sleep and there seems to be no reason why she's waking up so much.... I mean sometimes it's as soon as I put her down... is this a phase that will pass? Is her bassinet too small? Should I move her into her own room? I am just completely exhausted.

If she's trying to move around her crib in her sleep (or while waking at night) then I suggest putting her in a bigger crib. We moved my daughters big crib into our room at four months because she wanted to move around at night then go back to sleep. She was in a mini crib before and was hitting the sides when moving.

Sounds like she's making a developmental leap. If you haven't read it, the Wonder Weeks is very useful for understanding these sudden fussy periods, and what to do to help them be as short as possible. We just entered the four month leap here ourselves, and supposedly it can last up to a month (yikes) or be as short as one week. But the idea is that they're starting to notice events in the world and it's overwhelming, so they want to cling to the familiar (mama) and get upset more easily. But it will pass. Just give her time and support. And check out the Wonder Weeks app. It genuinely saved my sanity to find out these fussy periods were predictable.

Not sure if it will help with her sleep, but at least you can look at the calendar in the app and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->