4 Months PP And Wanting Another Baby Already

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
Is this normal?

I have 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl and I don't know why but even though my daughter is only 4 months old, I'm itching to have another.
I think this baby would most definitely have to be my last as I've had 2 c sections. My 2nd son and my daughter were both c section babies. I don't think it'd be advisable for me to carry on after the next baby, so I really do think it'd be my last.

I have quite enjoyed the 16 month age gap between my youngest 2 and I quite like the idea of repeating the same sort of thing so that I'm more or less getting through things consecutively. Not just that, but I think they'd be close.

My eldest doesn't live with me but he dotes on his siblings.

Am I crazy? What's with me? Has anyone else felt like this? Has anyone gone through with trying again so soon? How did you cope?

I feel a bit stupid in some way but I also think part of my reasoning for wanting a big family is that I'm an only child and I never had that life where I had a brother or sister to hang with. My kids have something already that I didn't have and that's each other. I just want to add to that :)

I think it's quite common to feel like you want another when there so young I did after all mine but I'm 100 percent done now. Only you can decide what's right for you and your family and or couse your health x

I've felt like that after my last two, which is why we are currently expecting number 4 which will make three under 3. There's a big age gap between my eldest and number two (10 years) and then 14 months between my daughter and son. There will be 16 months between my son and this baby. I adore the small age gap though. I had a third degree tear twice though so I had to see a consultant before ttc to check on my scar and that it was safe for me to be pregnant again so soon. If you have had two previous sections close together it might be a good idea to talk it through with a doctor first to make sure all his healed ok.

It's quite common and normal to feel that way. I felt like that too and was very broody, but I'm 99% certain that I'm done now! :)

After my first I remember taking her for a walk in her pram
At 4 months and we walked past our local hospital where i had her scans. I got all these fuzzy happy flash backs. She seemed to be growing up so fast and i started feeling really emotional that my teeny tiny newborn baby with dark
Black hair was filling out and her hair was falling out at the sides and she simply had lost her newborn face. I started thinking so much about my labour and bringing her home and those first two weeks when i was in my happy little newborn bubble. It actually felt like i was crazy broody. I did wait to try. We started trying at 17 months though and i fell pregnant (with a 3 month break) a month after her second birthday. I think it's totally normal to fet broody!! I hope it doesn't happen to
Me again though as i really wouldn't hack pregnancy again. I hate the 1st trimester and have not liked muddling through with a toddler. I feel great now though mostly!

Its up to you and your partner but you should heal a little longer really to allow your body time to recover. Im sure you will both know though :) i think us mummys are mad lol xx

I agree with pp that you may want to wait a little to heal and to see what the older-baby stage is like in terms of work. My DS was so easy as a small baby, but much more energy-demanding as a 1-year-old that I cannot imagine being pregnant and chasing after him now! Of course you know what it's all like since you've had other kids, and it's totally your personal decision. I knew instinctively whether I wanted another kid or not with each of mine so I'd trust your instincts!

Around 3-4 months I had the same broody rush with my first. I think it's partly a hormone thing and partly because they start looking much bigger and you miss the tiny newborn.
After another month things got tough with sleeping etc and I went completely off the idea for a while!
But one of my favourite sayings is you never regret the children you have :) I would give it serious thought and maybe talk it over with a doctor to ease your concerns, maybe give yourself a time, like if you're still sure you want it at 6 months pp then go for it :) x

We fell pregnant very quickly with our third - 12 month age gap! after ttc our second for 4 years we were over the moon it happened so fast! I say go for it if it's what you want and is best for your family but bare in mind that it's very common to be broody shortly afterwards. (I agree it's best to speak to a doctor first due to previous c-sections).

I'm awaiting AF arriving and then we are going to wait until Carys is 6 months old before we start TTC. :) As some of you have said, it's better to leave it a little longer with regards to healing, so going to give it a bit more time for that. One last baby is definitely what we both want and then OH is going to get a vasectomy. I'm not keen on the pill, neither of us like condoms all that much but we grin and bear it to be safe lol. He's said he is quite willing to get a vasectomy so at least then, I don't have to worry about the pill. It wreaks havoc with me.
Considering Carys is already 4 months, I don't have to wait that long til we can start trying so I can handle a little bit of a wait.

Thanks for all your help and advice, ladies :)

I was really broody at 4 months pp, in fact I was upset that I had a c-section as I wanted to get pregnant again straight away. The thought of having 2-3 years or more between kids made me so upset.
I waited the whole 6 months before discussing it with my partner. My daughter is "spirited" and was/is a very high needs baby. She's 2 in October and I'm so glad that we didn't ttc when she was under a year, if we had ttc at 6 months pp we could potentially have an almost 2 year old and a 7 month old right now, and I'd be returning to work full time next week. The thought of that terrifies me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->