4 more days.......

Wind

Reaction score
My twins will be here Friday!!!!:happydance: I will be 38 +3 and am scheduled for a c-section. Stubborn Baby A is still firmly wedged butt down. The doctor said he no longer thinks he/she can turn. I am a bit disappointed, but excited that the next stage is almost here.:happydance:

My blood pressure is up, I gained 11 pounds in one week and my legs look like tree trunks so the doctor thinks it's time. I'm excited, nervous, scared and happy all at the same time.

Any tips for what to expect during/after a c-section??

Eeeek! How exciting :D can't wait to see pics :) all the best with your delivery and healing xx

Not long now, how exciting. Good luck for Friday.

Regarding the c section, it's really not that bad, as its scheduled it should be calm, immediately after you still have a iv drip and catheter in and can't move until they get you out of bed, which is normally 12-24 hours after the op, in the Uk anyway, not sure if it is different in the US.

Then for the next week or so movement will be difficult especially getting up the stairs, bending down and getting out of bed, so you will need to take it as easy as you can with two newborns to look after.

I found that I recovered quickly and after about 2 weeks felt much better and getting out of bed was easier but you still need not to overdo it for the first six weeks.

Can't wait to hear of the safe arrival of your little ones.:flower:

Right now my bed is fairly high, but I can lower it. What do you think would be easier as far as getting in and out after the section, to have it higher or lower??

Right now my bed is fairly high, but I can lower it. What do you think would be easier as far as getting in and out after the section, to have it higher or lower??

From my experience I would say higher would be better as lowering yourself onto the bed and getting up from it was the hardest thing. It will still be difficult but if the bed is higher then you wont have to push yourself up as much to get upright again. xx

Aww Wind hun, good luck for Friday, soooo excited for you :hugs: I was 38wks 2 days when I had mine and my twin A was breech too - definitely small chance of your baby turning at this late stage.

As for section, mine was my calmest birth experience to date, and tho I was in pain for a couple of weeks afterwards, the main discomfort was for the first 3 days, after which I could get up and down and in and out of bed fairly easily. It's weird but on day 4 you can suddenly just move! You're gonna be fine hun, and it will be the best day of your life so enjoy !!! :hugs:

Good luck for Friday xx

Good luck for Friday Wind! Not long to go now.

Hope everything goes ok & looking forward to seeing pics!

xx

Thank you so much for all the support. I am soooooo nervous. I went to the hospital today and one of the nurses explained how things were going to happen, so that kind of helped.

Amazing - two babies by friday. Good luck! X

Good luck! My doctor is making me wait until I go into labor so their lungs get ready to breath and then I will have a section since Bentley or "Baby A" is breech.

Oh my gosh, I will have two babies in my arms tomorrow morning!!!! :happydance:

Good luck for tomorrow wind!!

Can't wait to see them both!

Mel xx

Yey Wind, so excited for you darlin' - and so envious ;) Take care of you sweet, and get back here within an hour of the birth to give us the details lol.......................only joking. Seriously, good luck and will be thinking fo you xxxx

Yey Wind, so excited for you darlin' - and so envious ;) Take care of you sweet, and get back here within an hour of the birth to give us the details lol.......................only joking. Seriously, good luck and will be thinking fo you xxxx

I'll be back with an update as soon as I can. I can't wait to see what color my double yellow bump will be........

What kids have you got already Wind? Have you any feelings what you might be having, or do you not want to say? I always knew the sex of my babies weeks before the 20wk scan, I felt it very strongly from 5wks, and so far haven't been wrong ;)

Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"