4 questions I have...

Thanks so much ladies, I took my medicine like a good girl and I'm still here :D So don't think I'll actually have any issues taking the rest of them.

In my maternity notes, the midwife wrote "High risk- Anixiety, 22 years, single"....

Are these good enough reasons to make me a high risk patient?! I mean...I can understand the anxiety but my age and the fact I'm siingle, surely that can't be right?!

So taking these factors into account I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed a water birth right? I'll find out when i see the midwife next week I suppose...

:hug: I find that pregnancy is quite stressful at times even without a panic disorder (anxiety). How on earth I have five kids is beyond me. But, know you can do it hun :)

I just know Aiden will be here soon.. i have NO idea why or how i think that... i just do. Just like you 'knew' he was a HE and my bump was SHE. i just know it. lol.
hope u get water birth, u can tell me how it is!

Hi hun,

1. After being admitted in hospital last night, I noticed they put in my maternity notes that I am a high risk pregnancy and am under consultant led care. Does this mean that it's unlikely I'll get a water birth?

I'm also classed as 'high risk' but it's due to my anxiety+depression rather than something physical, so although I'm under consultant led care and am 'high risk' I'm allowed a home birth (and would also be allowed a water birth if that's what I wanted.)
As you're (presumably) under the same midwife team and hospital I'd imagine if yours is purely for anxiety, you'll be the same :)

As others have said it totally depends on what makes you high-risk.
Good luck and I hope you get the birth you want! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->