4 week old and a 3 year old reacting so stressed out :(

Shabby990

Boy age 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies my baby is 4 weeks and I have a 3 year old who has done nothing but react since I have brought the baby home he was such a sweet boy well behaved just so loving now i don't even reconise him he is naughty he is rough with the baby he shouts.. The min he wakes out off bed he is naughty

I can't take it any more i fell so . depressed

alot of kids react this way. all you can really do is continue to show your 3 year old how much you love him and make some time for you and him together. even if its sitting doing a puzzle together while baby sleeps. this phase will pass its a big ajustment for kids to make the arrival of a baby

I would also talk to your hv about how you are feeling as she can offer some support x

This was a massive concern of mine when I had dd. Ds2 was my whole world my littlest little baby and suddenly he became a big brother. It still makes me sad thinking about how weird it all was at first so I can only imagine how he felt inside. We were incredibly lucky because he really loves his little sis and has done from the start but behaviour definateky changed towards me. He became a lot more challenging which was really hard to deal with and hard not to scream at him! But... Dd is now 3 months and although ds2 is challenging attuned we have all given him loads of love and affection and tried to keep it the same as before. He gets loads of attention from his dad now too and it has gradually become a lot better. Try not to react if you can unless you have to because they just want attention whether it's good or bad attention. Try and just really praise good behaviour and trust it will get better once everything settles down. Good luck and congrats on new bubba xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->