4 week old needs to be held ALL the time!

Thanks for all the help. He's such a tough nut!! And getting tougher. Yesterday he had 1 hours sleep all day and he's only 5 weeks. I had him in the sling or sat breastfeeding him all day. I didn't leave him to cry at all. But neither the sling or breastfeeding helped. It was awful. He wasn't crying but he looked so tired and I was worried for him. Babies shouldn't be awake that long but he wouldn't let himself sleep. You could see him fighting it. I was shushing him and holding him close and he just wouldn't sleep. Do he was awake 7am-12.40 when he finally fell asleep breastfeeding. But he woke up after 30mins. Then he fell asleep at 2pm in the car for 40 mins when I picked my daughter up from kindy. And was then awake until 8pm.

It's mad. My previous 2 kids literally slept all day and woke for occasional feeds and hugs.
I tool him to see a sleep consultant last week and she tried for 2.5hrs to get him to sleep and couldn't. This was all tried with swaddling and tapping and shushing. Not crying it out or any of that stuff.

Thanks for all the help. He's such a tough nut!! And getting tougher. Yesterday he had 1 hours sleep all day and he's only 5 weeks. I had him in the sling or sat breastfeeding him all day. I didn't leave him to cry at all. But neither the sling or breastfeeding helped. It was awful. He wasn't crying but he looked so tired and I was worried for him. Babies shouldn't be awake that long but he wouldn't let himself sleep. You could see him fighting it. I was shushing him and holding him close and he just wouldn't sleep. Do he was awake 7am-12.40 when he finally fell asleep breastfeeding. But he woke up after 30mins. Then he fell asleep at 2pm in the car for 40 mins when I picked my daughter up from kindy. And was then awake until 8pm.

It's mad. My previous 2 kids literally slept all day and woke for occasional feeds and hugs.
I tool him to see a sleep consultant last week and she tried for 2.5hrs to get him to sleep and couldn't. This was all tried with swaddling and tapping and shushing. Not crying it out or any of that stuff.

I had one of those babies! Cant give any really good advice as I never "solved" it so to speak, however looking back I realise her eczema was worse than I realised and the itching probably contributed to not being able to fall asleep.

Is he awake all night too ? Is he crying when awake or only when not being held ?
Sounds like tough going . Have you tried white noise ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->