4 weeks post partum and suddenly have bright red bleeding - help!

mizzywizzy

Reaction score
so im 4 weeks post partum and my bleeding stopped at 3 weeks with just a yellowy clear discharge. Now all of a sudden I have bright red bleeding. What the hell? why is this happening and should i be concerned and see the doctor? I have been really stressed lately, could that have something to do with the sudden bleeding? i just dont know what to do, im so worried that somethings wrong with me?

That happened at 6 weeks for me I had been over doing it a bit. If it gets really heavy get in touch with the doctor but resting should help x

Same exact thing happened to me and I was bleeding a LOT (I was at 5 weeks post though but my bleeding from that stopped at 4 weeks). I freeked out a bit and went to the OB and he told me it was just my period, not more postpartum bleeding, and that some women get a really heavy flow the first month, especially if it comes soon. It's just af hun, no need to worry.

This happened with me i thought it was my period returning but obv not as i breastfeed. if your breastfeeding around 3/4 weeks babies have a big growth spurt so your bleeding slows/ stops but then comes back once the growth spurt is over. That's what my HV told me anyway! X

Hope everything works out well for you!
I'm in the same boat:
hoping to be 4 weeks pregnant.: Sore nipples, cramping the last 11 days or so

TWO positive tests: this morning and yesterday. Should of had period on the 4th yet today, day 8, had a dark reddish discharge after peeing with a tiny bit of red blood.

I swear postpartum recovery was my least favorite part of the whole thing!

I had a pretty strong return to bleeding 6 weeks postpartum that scared the crap out of me so it's definitely possible. Like you, my bleeding had nearly stopped then out of nowhere started up again very heavy and bright red. I even had a health links nurse convince me that I had retained product...but I did not. As others have mentioned, sometimes if you over do it a little your bleeding will return. It's also normal to have bleeding on and off up to 6-7 weeks. I know they say your bleeding should never slow down then come back but in my experience that was far from true. Are you breastfeeding?

You'll just want to make sure that you aren't soaking a pad an hour (or passing clots the size of a chicken egg or bigger). If so I would make a trip over to your L&D to get checked. It can't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->