4 weeks till i can see a midwife?

mewannabubba

Reaction score
i am 4 weeks preg as of tomorrow(i think) i called the doctors surgery and they said i cant see the midwife till 8 weeks....so no blood test etc for another month.
they didn't ask who i was or see if i was high risk they just told me to come back at 8 weeks :dohh:
is there anything i should be doing medical wise till then? i have asthma have a steroid inhalor and one that stops the airways constricting

You should be taking a pregnancy vitamin that contains folic acid. You could go for a chat with your gp if you want advice, it is frustrating not being seen by a midwife until eight weeks x

It's a pain, I'm high risk and I had to wait until 8 weeks aswell. Doesnt put your mind at rest I no. Just take your vitamins and don't overdo stuff as your body is going into protect mode.
X

I'm the same. Couldn't believe it when I rang. She just made me an appointment for when I'm 8 weeks and that was that. I booked in to see my GP as I have a chronic illness and needed to check my medications were ok. We sorted meds and then anything baby related will wait until first midwife appointment.

Xxx

Think that's pretty standard but it's annoying as it makes the scan longer away.
Xx

during my 1st pregnancy i had to wait untill 10 weeks for my booking appt at my gp surgery and it will be the same this time

I was high risk and not seen til 8 weeks. Its pretty standard

I was 2 days off 10 weeks when i first seen a midwife and just over 9 weeks first pregnancy. I think its pretty standard here in the uk but it does seem like a long wait. If you have any concerns regarding medication you would be better to make an appointment and speak to your gp. A lot of the time midwives wont know everything about certain medications. Congrats on your pregnancy xx

Haha yeah its over in the blink of an eye by comparison x

i am 4 weeks preg as of tomorrow(i think) i called the doctors surgery and they said i cant see the midwife till 8 weeks....so no blood test etc for another month.
they didn't ask who i was or see if i was high risk they just told me to come back at 8 weeks :dohh:
is there anything i should be doing medical wise till then? i have asthma have a steroid inhalor and one that stops the airways constricting

This was not the case with me. With my 1st i found out i was pregnant at 6 weeks had a doctors appointment straight away as they check your weight and prescribe you folic acid and vitamin D tablets. I had my check in appointment at 10 weeks where you meet your midwife and first scan at 12 weeks. I did not have to wait till 8 weeks to see my GP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->