4 year old daughter has a 9 year old friend

My 8 year old has been playing out the front for the last few weeks, there's a group of girls all between 7 and 10 that luckily all live on the same cul de sac so it's wonderful, they all look out for each other and play dolls and mums and dads. I never thought I'd feel comfortable letting an 8 year old out the front but she stays where I can see her and so far so good.

I have 2 younger boys and they get upset they can't go out front too but I guess it's just something they have to wait for, I remember seeing my elder sister go out and play and having to wait my turn, and it made it so much more special when I was actually allowed out :)

So yep I'd say totally normal to obsess over older friends, especially when they have more freedom. Hopefully in time your little one will stop asking quite so much, must be heartbreaking for her though, my boys get sad when Lily goes out with her new friends and doesn't play in the garden with them anymore.

In my experience children (especially little girls) always latch on to older children. My 2 year old has a 6 year old cousin she worships. She also has a 7 year old second cousin that the 6 year old adores. Put them all in a room together and it's like little ducklings following mother duck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->