4 year old DS has told me Santa isn't real!

BertieBones

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
:cry: I am devastated! how could this happen so soon? We have never acted as though Santa is anything but real, I love Xmas and so does hubby and we love the magic of it all, so where has this come from all of a sudden?

He also asked for something last week and I said you need to put it on your list to santa, he huffed and said "Well you just buy it anyway!"
:cry:

Oh no! Hugs. I've been worrying about my 8 year old finding out and spilling the beans to the younger ones, so can't imagine how sad you must be.
I'm sure that there is some way to still keep all the magic alive without santa.

I just don't know where he's got it from, going to try to coax him back around over the next few months and hope for the best. I was so sad when he said it. If coaxing doesnt work then it'll just come down to talking to him about not letting on to his sister x

Yeah when ds1 finds out I won't try to continue it with him, but he will be 9 the beginning of Feb, but I'm going to try to get him on side so he can keep up the story for the others.
I've got some friends who say they buy the toys and send them to santa for the elves to wrap so maybe that would do the trick for now if he says he knows you buy them. Wonder where its come from as you wouldn't expect them to see or hear anything about it at this time of year.

Oh no ; ( would you try a personalised letter from the big man himself xx

Oh no I'd be so sad if Colin told me Santa isn't real now. Hugs hon.

I'm defo gonna pull out all the stops now! letters visits etc! I will get my little man believing again x

That is devastating hun! How can a 4yr old not believe on Santa? I second a letter from Santa too, hope you get him believing again soon!x

My ds said this when he was six. His logic was that it was too cold for anyone to live in the North Pole so therefore Santa wasn't real. I was very careful that year when I talked about Santa and that was the year that I started dropping into conversation that the "believing makes the magic". I actually talked very little about Santa. I got him to write his letter as normal but he received a very personalised response from Santa that year. I didn't try too hard to make him believe but he came back around. He's nine now and he still believes (as far as I know).
My kids haven't got letters from Santa since as I sometimes think that if I try too hard to make them believe that it will backfire on me. I told them you can't get a letter every year cos there's other children who need to get letters too.

My ds said this when he was six. His logic was that it was too cold for anyone to live in the North Pole so therefore Santa wasn't real. I was very careful that year when I talked about Santa and that was the year that I started dropping into conversation that the "believing makes the magic". I actually talked very little about Santa. I got him to write his letter as normal but he received a very personalised response from Santa that year. I didn't try too hard to make him believe but he came back around. He's nine now and he still believes (as far as I know).
My kids haven't got letters from Santa since as I sometimes think that if I try too hard to make them believe that it will backfire on me. I told them you can't get a letter every year cos there's other children who need to get letters too.

That's a great idea!

Don't forget the Portable North Pole videos, where Santa himself speaks to them and knows what they have been up to and what they want for Christmas.
I think my older ones may have a suspicion that I make those videos, just from the way they word their request for them. "Can you get those videos from Santa yet?" rather than "has Santa sent me a video yet?" but it may be enough with a younger child. I'm not sure I would go too far to make him believe again, although I'd try gentle encouragement and like beanbabe said, careful wording.
My 6 year old DS2 really truly believes, he knows without a shadow of a doubt Santa is real as he has met him. He (BIL in costume) came to our house one Christmas Eve and gave everyone a present when we had family round. He even left a present for BIL who had to move his car because the farmer couldn't get his tractor through the access road :haha:
The following year DS2 woke up in the night and came and woke me up, he said "there are all presents down stairs but nothing in our stockings?!!" so I said "quick, go back to sleep, he must have had to go back up to his sleigh on the roof to get the rest!" DH quickly put on the costume and crept in and filled the stockings, DS2 sat up, his eye lit up, DH said "shhh go back to sleep". He legged it down the stairs to get changed and chucked the costume in the cupboard, expecting DS2 to be right behind him, but he actually went back to sleep. God knows how with how excited he must have been.
I hope that when he is older he remembers it as something fun and a special memory his dad made for him, rather than a trick IYKWIM
DS2 is the one most likely to question things like how cold the North Pole is and how is it possible, but he has seen Santa with his own eyes so doesn't feel the need to question it yet.

I'd be gutted too :-( I've always made out Santa is real to mine but also say that I buy some presents and send them to Santa to wrap too, and never raised any suspicions. She knows grandma etc buys her presents and Santa doesn't bring them ones, they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->