4 year old waking in the night

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Dd wakes up in the night early hours of the morning , sometimes with a reason : lost comfort blanket in the bed/ too dark ( we now leave her light on all night on a low dim setting) needs a drink..sometimes she will come into our room crying , she gets out back to bed and she will go back to sleep . It's not every night but at least every other - whilst it's not a huge issue as she does settle again - I do wonder why this happens and if there's anything I Can do to stop it

Anyone else's child do this at this age ?

Megan went through a stage of waking in the night a few months ago, every night she would come in with a reason why, too hot, wanted a cuddle etc. She has slept through the night since eight weeks old so I had no clue why she suddenly started waking!
It lasted about a month with meg and then she suddenly started sleeping through again!! Am sorry no help but just wanted you to know my lo did exactly the same at four!

My 4 yr old wakes up roughly every other night in the night - it's usually a bad dream or he just wants a cuddle. The other nights he sleeps through 10+ hours so I don't think there's really a reason why some nights he wakes and others he doesn't.

My son has recently started doing this, he just turned 4 this summer. He's been doing it pretty frequently, for all kinds of reasons. His room was too dark and he got scared, he had a bad dream, he just wanted a cuddle, he's thirsty, etc. I have no ideas for a solution, as he always slept all night until recently. I have no clue why he's waking up all the time now. Must just be an age thing?

Omar never slept through. He wakes up at least once for a drink or a cuddle, we still bedshare, I don't have energy to keep going from one room to another to re-settle him back to sleep

Ok so it's normal then ? Between the 4 year old , the cat wanting cuddles and the baby I don't know when the last time I slept through !!

Hi my youngest turned 4 over the summer and he wakes up nearly every night and gets in bed with us. Usually it's needing the loo that wakes him but once he is awake he has to have a cuddle to get back to sleep. My 6 year old still wakes up sometimes as well. I'm wondering wether my youngest starting school next week will make a difference to his sleeping patterns. I'm due my 3rd in a couple of weeks time so that will be fun with all 3 of them up in the night. Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->