4 years on...

Cangaroo

Reaction score
DD1 turned 4 today. She's still having one feed a day in the early evening (we moved it from bed time to help her stay dry at night). She still loves that feed. She was planning to stop at 4, but now the day is here she really wanted her feed as usual! Not surprising after her wonderful, but very busy and intense party!

I can't believe I've breastfed her for 4 years, including battling through reflux, going back to work when she was less than 6 months old and still EBF, nursing through pregnancy and 6 months of tandem feeding. I always said I'd stop at 1, but at that point there was no way she was ready to stop and a natural end point has just never arisen! We've had a wonderful breastfeeding journey, and although I hope she is ready to stop fairly soon, I'm happy to continue while she needs. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

I am still nursing my 2 year old who has no signs of stopping or even cutting back hardly! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I know I'm not but it feels like that sometimes! Anyway keep it up if you want. Just continue how you feel is best. :)

So nice to hear positive stories of breastfeeding past 1yr! :thumbup:

You rock!!! Still going at over two years here :) I think it's lovely and in all honesty far sweeter once they can ask for it :) and adorable when choosing her side :)

She didn't ask for a feed yesterday after being very sad about suggestions she cut down or stop earlier in the week. We'll wait and see if she remembers to ask today! I keep waiting for her to ask every time she sees her sister feed, but so far so good! She's never missed a day of feeding before, except once when I was pregnant. I'm ready for her to be ready to stop, so this is a good start. :)

One day my LO didn't ask for boob all day. It was very odd as he had almost never in his life missed his bedtime feed. He didn't ask for it the next day, or the following day, or the day after.........it's been a month now!
I still can't believe that my boob monster is not nursing anymore. He has asked a few times, but has always been happy with a glass of milk instead. There was not a single tear (apart from mine! :haha:).
I must admit I am very proud of him, and to have made it to 3 years and 3 months!

Good luck! :hugs:

3c days with no feeds so far! She's asked a couple of times, but has been easily distractable.

She's feed again the last 2 days (asked and was absolutely not distractable) but they've been much shorter feeds. We're definitely on the way to weaning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->