40 Preg with No2

Minimin

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
So... here I am again. Pregnant and so scared of a MC. Had one in June last year. Prior to that had a lovely DD and before her 3 MC and 1 ectopic where I lost my right tube. :cry:

Waiting to go to EPU tomorrow morning as they do not allow me to walk up. Silly people have kept me waiting three days!!!:growlmad:

Pics below of first IC on Friday 7/2 (blue). have OPK's and know they can also detect HCG so been using those the past week. Wiaitng for Docs confirm tomorrow with bloods.
OPK middle is Sunday 9/2 and top one is today lunch time 12/2

Just need a place to talk through my fears:cry::cry: and share my journey :hugs:

Attachments

• HTP 3.jpg
    HTP 3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 7
:hi: minimin, so sorry about your losses :hugs: i am sure it must be super stressful for you now :hugs: so how pregnant are you now? I really hope all is well at the scan tomorrow.

I am 41 and I just got my BFP today :thumbup: I have a 15 month old girl and we've been trying for 5 months. So am obviously over the moon, but don't quite believe it and also I am fearing the worst too. Mainly because of my age, it 's all a bit scary tbh!

Congrats on your BFP Charlie! Great news. We're not too far apart. I did that first test 7/2/14 so think I'm about 4-5 weeks. We've been trying for over a year. Really tryin about 9/10 months. Had Mc last June and then I decided I couldn't do stress on Dec so stopped all monitoring and acupuncture and herbs. And hey Presto!

Am sure you'll be fine. Sound like you are pretty fertile and healthy hun! Are you off to docs?

My EPU will be bloods only as it's too early to see anything on a scan. They have to monitor

my bloods carefully. Any slow rising hcg may indicate an ectopic. Last one the consultant thought it was uterine but I can see how he figured that. I have a doctorate in biology so ask lots of questions!!

Where abouts in London are you?

No bloods done. Nurse said as I'm not showing any symptoms of problems she would rather we wait until next week Thursday and have a scan. :/ not sure what to think. Of course worried but having had bloods done in the past I know they can be stressful. This way I'm not thinking of numbers.

Just how many opks I can pee on and watch line getting darker!!!! Lol

Oooh shame you went in to nothing. How far pregnant were you with your previous ectopic?

I am in twickenham. Will make appt with my gp who is fab, she hjad her 1st at 39 and 2nd at 41 so she is very supportive and unerstanding of pregnancy later in life. But prob will wait until next week. I am only 12 dpo! Very very early.

I did another hcg this morning couldn't really tell if it was any darlker though! Are opks better to see progression?

Hey! Shame indeed! They made me wait four flipping days to go for it too

Ahhh Twickenham- I'm Greenwich!

Good your docs are supportive! There is a lot to be said for some f the people I have met!

OPK are all I hve so used one yesterday. I'm not sure they are the best for progression hun. Have you done the digi ones that tell you 1-2 or 2-3 weeks?

Post your pics hun!

Hi there,

I am also 40 and pregnant with #2. My daughter is 14 months old. I know how you feel about being nervous but hang in there. I started spotting around 5 weeks and it continued until 8 weeks. It was totally nerve wracking! So far so good but I take it a day at a time. Good luck to both of you. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Hey! Shame indeed! They made me wait four flipping days to go for it too

Ahhh Twickenham- I'm Greenwich!

Good your docs are supportive! There is a lot to be said for some f the people I have met!

OPK are all I hve so used one yesterday. I'm not sure they are the best for progression hun. Have you done the digi ones that tell you 1-2 or 2-3 weeks?

Post your pics hun!

Well did another hcg this morning and it is a lot darker :thumbup: will do another Sunday or Monday and will post pics.

So you will go back in on Thursday? I suppose a scan with bloods is better, at least with a scan they can see where it is then.

Ooh I love Greenwich, love the market there. It's probably the only other part of London I would live in, very nice.

Hi there,

I am also 40 and pregnant with #2. My daughter is 14 months old. I know how you feel about being nervous but hang in there. I started spotting around 5 weeks and it continued until 8 weeks. It was totally nerve wracking! So far so good but I take it a day at a time. Good luck to both of you. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Congratulations and thank you. It sure is nerve racking, but a toddler seems to keep us busy and I have a crazy week ahead, so trying not to dwell too much.

Did they figure out why you were spotting?

Hi there,

Thanks gettininfo! And congrats! :) I also spotted with my DD around 5 weeks. So much heartache before I was gutted. Thankful all ok. How are you doing. I see by your ticket you're 11 weeks. Have you got scans coming up for 13 weeks?

Charlie!gongrats on the darker lines! Which stick are you using?

They won't do bloods for me yet. Just a scan next Thursday to as if they can soo anythig. I guess after tha they may consider bloods?!?

Greenwich market is lovely! I always eat far too much at the food quart. Lol

Ooh the food quart, yummy!

Here's a pic, they are first response ones.

image.jpg

Woah Charlie! That too one is good! Keeping all crossed for you. :)

Hi there,

Well, I never got an answer to what caused the spotting but I was just happy that it stopped!:) I actually had a CVS done yesterday so they did a detailed ultrasound to locate the placenta and I got to see the babe. He/she was jumping all around. It was very neat. Unfortunately I have an anterior placenta so they had to go transabdominally which was not fun but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Glad spotting has stopped and great you saw bubba!!

Other than severely tired, slight bloat and gas, and some indigestion I don't feel pregnant :-/

Glad spotting has stopped and great you saw bubba!!

Other than severely tired, slight bloat and gas, and some indigestion I don't feel pregnant :-/

Ha,

I know how you feel. I still don't really feel pregnant. It is so weird but I guess it is a blessing really. I never had much in the way of morning sickness. Hope it continues to go well for you!

Getting info, yey for seeing bubs!

I don't feel pregnant either, but with dd I started getting symptoms at 6 weeks and I am now only 4+1. Still so early, still feeling pretty nervous tbh!

Getting info, yey for seeing bubs!

I don't feel pregnant either, but with dd I started getting symptoms at 6 weeks and I am now only 4+1. Still so early, still feeling pretty nervous tbh!

Glad I'm not the only one feeling tired but missing symptoms. Lol. Tbh I have no idea when my lmp was so I can't say if I am just gone 4 weeks or coming up to 6. First test on 7/2 was very very faint on an internet cheaply. I haven't any more tests and am trying to stay off them until the scan on Thursday.

Although I thought it was nice to have no bloods done so, I wouldn't be stressing on rising hcg and numbers, I am not seriously doubting I am preggers! How the mind works huh?

Minimin good for no more testing! I plan on doing one more tomorrow, only an internet cheapy though. It can get quite addictive all this POAS!

I know the mind in cruel in the 1st tri isn't it. I remember never feeling or believing that I was pregnant until my 12 wk scan, that was a huge relief. But at the moment I am just trying to take it one day at a time. Let's just hope we have a couple of good strong sticky beans :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->