40 Preg with No2

Keeping fingers crossed hun. I hope both ours are atcking and growing nicely! I know my DD I had tons of scans and still didn't believe it.

Any more symptom?

Well this afternoon I had a pretty serious bout of fatigue for no real reason, other than that I am all good. How about you? How you feeling about your appointment on Thursday?

Hello Charlie!

Same! Super tired! Came home and had a nap around 5 for an hour or so. Had to drag myself out of bed otherwise could've happily slept through.
I also couldn't resist and peed on a ovulating stick. (Still no pregnancy sticks at home) the ovulating stick came up nice and strong :) some weird twinges err and there in my womb/pelvic area and I think my nipples may be getting a tad tender.

Stupidly hungry most of the time too! My appt for the scan can't come soon enough!

I started taking pregnvitamins. Until now had a folic acid since positive test but not before

So to add to worries I am now kicking myself for not takin vits! Will we ever stop this worrying?!?

How about you? Are you working? I'm off to read in bed. My DD was up at 6 today and I am soooo shattered!

I hope you're well hun x

Hello ladies,
Hope you're all well. Just a quick update. Had my scan this morning. Can see a gestational sac as expected for an early pregnancy 5wk. As I don't know my lmp I can't say wether I am on track or not. They've booked me in for another one in two weeks.

No other symptoms other than the tiredness, ginger and sore nipples!

Nurse, I've known for years, was optimistic. I'm pessimistic and dear friend google has me worried that we saw nothing else. I think I may be more than 5 weeks and this means nothing is developing. I would have thought so see a fetal pole or something but nothing :-(

More worry eh. The nurse also dismissed bloods as I have no other symptoms ATM.

Hope you're all well and keep me posted :)

Minimin, really don't worry about it, this is the problem and danger with early scans, they leave you wondering. But I know my last LMP and I was charting so know when I ovulated and I got a faint BFP on the 12 th of February and I am am now 4+4 so if you got your faint BFP on the 7th that would roughly put you a week there about ahead of me at 5 weeks, so sound right to me. On the positive side, it's all in the right place :thumbup:

AFM had some cramps at work yesterday, came and went pretty quickly and have had no more. I really can't recall if I had cramps with my dd early on or not! Other than that breastfeeding is agony! But luckily that's only twice a day!

:hugs:

Oh my bf must be hard :-/. Thanks for your reassuring message. I think having come back I was disappointed and had hoped to see something a little more. Like you said though 5 weeks sounds about right! Keeping all I can crossed for us Hun!

Oh and I have had some cramps too. I know with DD I had some and even spotted around 5 weeks and went to A and E they did bloods which were fine and I believe a scan a few days later sped all was fine x:)

Keep me posted on how you're doing. When are you heading to docs? Sorry baby brain :)

Good to hear you have had cramps too and remember it from your dds pregnancy. I can't remember much about the first tri other than the worry!

Have an appointment with GP on Tuesday. I have hypothyroidism, something I got post partum after my dd so I guess they will want to do bloods soon to check thyroid levels, but other than that I doubt they will do much other than refer me to the obstetrician. I guess been over 40 now means I will hardly see a midwife this time!

Do you think we get less MW care? Have ,already had letters for my 13 week scan through. I hadn't even seen the nurse when I got it last week. Grhhh you'd think with my history they would be cautious.

What can they do for hyperthyroidism. Do they monitor your bloods regularly.

Hope you're feeling good. I am convinced my symptoms have gone :-(

Yep I think over 40 you are under an obstetrician all pregnancy. You can still have a mw birth though, it's more as we are considered high risk now.

Wow that's fast with the scan date already, I guess it's all automated now though.

I think this early symptoms do come and go. I have definatley had some pinching cramps and some pain down below, which I remember from last time as they are horrible! I think my fatigue earlier this week was just that I was knackered :sleep:

With hypothyroidism I am on thyroxine. I was on a hefty dose as we were TTC. I think they check your levels once each tri, maybe twice in the 1st tri and adjust your dose. The demand for thyroxine goes up pretty fast once you are pregnant and if the levels aren't right comes with lots if risks to the baby. But luckily it's easy to manage :thumbup:

Sounds like it is easy to manage :)
Your still getting the pinching and cramps?How often?
,in ear very intermittent, like my last post said, I'm not really feeling too much this past day or so. Hanging said that I am already in bed. Maybe I should go to sleep instead of surfing the net for "over 40 and pregnant" stories :-/ lol

Have you told anyone yet?

I told my best friend today, but only as she has suffered 3 miscarriages ( she has 2 boys) so should something happen she would be someone I want to talk to. That's is kind of how I see it, if I would tell someone about a misscarriage, then I will tell them early.

Oh these cramps are hardly ever and I really only noticed them while I was lying down with dd trying to get her to sleep, they are very mild.

Go get some rest...one day at a time x

Hello there Charlie! How are you doing? Nothin much to report this side. I have has some Uni friends stayin this week so been a bit busy. Heading to work for a bit but wanted to say a quick hello! Let me know how you're doing hun xxx

Hey there, was wondering about you too today...I am good, a little knackered tbh! Sore boobs and big bloat! Other than that just ticking the days off!

How are you? Good to b busy and keep your mind off the worry!

Yep I think over 40 you are under an obstetrician all pregnancy. You can still have a mw birth though, it's more as we are considered high risk now.

Wow that's fast with the scan date already, I guess it's all automated now though.

I think this early symptoms do come and go. I have definatley had some pinching cramps and some pain down below, which I remember from last time as they are horrible! I think my fatigue earlier this week was just that I was knackered :sleep:

With hypothyroidism I am on thyroxine. I was on a hefty dose as we were TTC. I think they check your levels once each tri, maybe twice in the 1st tri and adjust your dose. The demand for thyroxine goes up pretty fast once you are pregnant and if the levels aren't right comes with lots if risks to the baby. But luckily it's easy to manage :thumbup:

I'm 40 with my second child (DS is 2 years old) and had a missed MC last April. I'm now 14 weeks. Had reassurance scans at 8 and 10 weeks because of worrying. I guess it's normal to worry.

The reason I've responded is I've an underactive thyroid (long before pregnancy) and am on thyroxine (which hasn't changed since I found out I'm pregnant).

For my first pregnancy they were pretty good at keeping track but I've not had any appointments booked with the endocrinologist so a bit worried about that though I think they did check at the first midwife's appointment (was planning to talk to midwife about it at our next appointment in 2 weeks time). I do have an obstetrics appointment after 20 weeks but not sure what that's for. Now in my second trimester, shouldn't I be having my thyroxine levels checked again? Thanks.

I'm 40 with my second child (DS is 2 years old) and had a missed MC last April. I'm now 14 weeks. Had reassurance scans at 8 and 10 weeks because of worrying. I guess it's normal to worry.

The reason I've responded is I've an underactive thyroid (long before pregnancy) and am on thyroxine (which hasn't changed since I found out I'm pregnant).

For my first pregnancy they were pretty good at keeping track but I've not had any appointments booked with the endocrinologist so a bit worried about that though I think they did check at the first midwife's appointment (was planning to talk to midwife about it at our next appointment in 2 weeks time). I do have an obstetrics appointment after 20 weeks but not sure what that's for. Now in my second trimester, shouldn't I be having my thyroxine levels checked again? Thanks.

Hi clueless, congrats on your pregnancy :thumbup:

Yes with the thyroid you should get it checked every trimester at the minimum. So I am guessing that you had it checked at 8-9 weeks? I would be wanting to get it checked again at 15-16 weeks. If you can't get them to do it at the maternity I would go to your GP, just get them done and a doctor to review the results and then if your obstetrician wants them checked again after 20 weeks then they can do that too, but I would say 8 weeks to 20+ is too long to wait.

Hi clueless, congrats on your pregnancy :thumbup:

Yes with the thyroid you should get it checked every trimester at the minimum. So I am guessing that you had it checked at 8-9 weeks? I would be wanting to get it checked again at 15-16 weeks. If you can't get them to do it at the maternity I would go to your GP, just get them done and a doctor to review the results and then if your obstetrician wants them checked again after 20 weeks then they can do that too, but I would say 8 weeks to 20+ is too long to wait.

Thanks so much for that. I'm guessing they checked me at about 6-7 weeks. The 8 and 10 weeks scans we're private scans I paid for just to check heart beat. I'll check at my GP. Thanks.

Hey clueless, welcome and congrats!

Charlie- glad you're well. Yes ticking off days too. Now feel like time has slowed down. Been having these horrible thumping headache the past few days so I went to see the nurse at EPU. She did a Bo check and temp and I also saw the doc. He wasn't too concerned with my pregnancy as I have not other symptoms and sent me on my way with co- codamol to help with the headaches. I am not too happy to take them so am holding off for the time being. Tuesday the headache was really throbbing but seems to have re sided now.

Scan booked in for 7w next week. Also issued my midwife appt this week- blame baby brain, and need to rebook it.

Hope you're getting lots of rest- tell me about tired and bloat??... I look like five months already gone!

Ooh hope the headache goes soon minimin. I wouldn't be comfortable taking co codamol either, but I would probably just take paracetamol instead. That is baby brain missing your mw appt :dohh:

Clueless that's what I am planning, a private scan at 8 and 10 weeks. I have found a place nearby that does them for £65. I didn't get them with dd, but this time I just either want to know this are progressing or not before that 12 week scan which seems an age away! Are you glad you had them done?

Yes definite baby brain!
I had private scans done with DD at 9 and 16 weeks. We had the docs one at around 13 and I had sine around 6w as I spot bled with her. That kinda broke up the gap nicely :) £65 is a good deal! I paid around £100 in the city and around £85/90 at a clinic near me in South East London! Crazy!

Congrats to both of you, Charlie15 and Minimin. When are you both due? I'm due 3rd Sept.

Hope your headaches get better Minimin. Suffered from migraines & dreaded night cough for 2 weeks - got so desperate but trying not to take any pills.

My first pregnancy I never worried at all so didn't have scan til 12 weeks but then last year had a missed MC which really affected this pregnancy. I needed to know things we're going fine and so glad I got the reassurance scans, hearing heartbeat and knowing baby was growing. Got it done for £60 at Kent Medical Imaging (based in Maidstone - you get DVD and pics too). They were really good. I'm in Lee so it takes same time (35 mins drive) to do that than go into Central London where scans costs can be up to £100. I know crazy.

Got doc appointment for next week to ask about testing my thyroxine levels as I'm feeling crazy tired. Can't keep my eyes open. Previous pregnancy they found out I was low on iron which made me tired.

Charlie15 did you get extra scans after 20 weeks scan? My previous pregnancy I was given extra at the hospital due to thyroid. They wanted to make sure baby was growing ok as thyroid can produce smaller babies (I think). I'm going to talk to GP about it as nothing has changed except I'm 2 years older than previous pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->