40 weeks and so done...can't even walk...need advice!

JillMc

Reaction score
So today I am 40 weeks. For the past 3.5 weeks the ob has been giving me false hope that my baby could come at any mintues, I have been 3.5 cm dialated and fulled effaced for the past 3.5 weeks. I keep having every sign of labor but no baby. I kept trying to tell doc that my babies are stubborn and dont like to come out :) They just get too comfy inside. I was induced with DD at 42+6 but at least this time they arent going to make me go over that much. Have my induction scheduled for Monday at 5am!!!

My body is just done. My hips are so bad this time that I can barely walk. My joint come out of placed a few times a day. I cant lift my DD which is hard trying to explain that to a 1.5 year old. I cant use crutches because of DD and also she sees them as weapons :) Has anyone with SPG/PGD gone through this??? I have always had bad hips but this pregnancy has killed them. They say I might even need hips replaced! Just wondering if any ladies out there went back to normal or close to it hip wise after they gave birth???? After I had my daughter just the relief from pressure was enough but this time I am worried it wont be. And there is no way I will be able to fit in getting my hips replaced with two LOs under 2!!!

:( have you asked for a sweep? I asked for early sweep due to spd x

I was like this - I could barely walk by 37 weeks and getting upstairs to the toilet was a huge mission. I was in so much pain. After the birth the SPD disappeared completely, pretty much straight away (I was on bed rest for the first 24 hours so I don't know if it went straight after but it didn't hurt the first time I got up!).

I don't have any thing wrong but I feel the exact same way! I'm 40+1 and I'm just dying! My hips feels like they need to be oiled and my legs just make me cry when I walk.
Hopefully our LOs decide to make an appearance soon, although m y son is very stubborn.

I have had two sweeps and nothing. Same thing happened with my daughter too. I go in monday to get started so I really just need to make it thru this weekend and hope that once baby is out that I will be back to normal-ish with my hips. At least I am lucky enough to live in a bungalow, there is no way I could have coped with stairs :)

I dislocated both my hips when I was a teenager and have always had problems. SPD wit my first was bad but this times something else! I have no option but to pick my little one up as she's only 14 months and can't walk yet, Urgh!

I was on crutches last time as didn't have an other babies to look after and my pain went within 6 weeks so there is hope. Good luck!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->