40 weeks, had first cervix check

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
So I hit my due date! Yay! Got checked, which by the way made me cramp quite a bit during the exam but anywho, I'm only 1-2 com dilated. So sad. How much longer do you think I have?

Congrats for reaching your due date! I am a FTM so I don't have experience to share with you but from what I have read, the cm's you are dilated now don't give any indication of how long you will have left before labor.
I have read where women have walked around 2-3cms dilated for weeks before going into labor but many try and get things moving by bouncing on a yoga ball, going for long walks etc. So you could try that? Good luck! Hope to see a birth story from you soon :)

You're a couple of steps ahead of me anyway DJ- midwife can't attempt a sweep on me, cervix thick and very posterior, closed but soft. Hope things progress soon for you.
Good luck!!!
Xx

Could be tomorrow, days or week+. No way to really know. I'm 5 cm/80% effaced and baby is at 0 station. Still waiting for labor to kick in. It was the same way with #1 and #4, and I was almost 4 cm at this time with #2, and made it to 6 cm after a sweep. I was 4 cm at 33 weeks with #3.

It's just a waiting game.

Sounds promising to me, at least it's all moving in the right direction as it were!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->