40 Weeks - no signs yet :/ - Update!

ElizabethK_

Reaction score
Basically what the title says.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, don't know what he's going to do, but baby is showing no sign of wanting to get out.... I can't walk a lot to induce labour cause of my SPD, we tried sex but i don't think it's working, I've eaten spicy foods but nothing.

I haven't tried anything else, but to he honest I don't care to. I think I will end up getting induced...

Let's see if she decides to come out on her due date!

Apparently pineapple is supposed to help move things along which I'm going to try to get things started but I still have about a week and a half to go. I also got an exercise ball to bounce around on, not sure if that would be an option for you though? In any case I hope you get to see your little one soon! Good luck! :thumbup:

I know how you feel!
40+4, very little signs of any significant happening. Have a strong feeling I'm going to go to 42 weeks and end up being induced.
Hope its not the case for either of us!

MommyTino, unfortunately I hate pineapple! Hahaha! But the exercise ball is not a bad idea, only I don't have one. I kinda sit on the edge of the bed and bounce, but i don't think it's the same! :D

Hanni, I hope your little one comes soon too! Although induction is done so often these days, I know it's not the best thing to force your body into doing something it's not ready. Just as long as your baby is doing ok!

Thankfully mine is active and moving normally. I did an NST yesterday, no reason, just to check, and the results were good, so I'll have to see what my OB says tomorrow...

Well, went to the doctor today and he said I'm doing great! I'm 70% effaced and 2cm dilated!

So he said we'll wait a few days since he examined me today and see if anything happens, but he says he might induce me next week, depending on how it goes!

Come on baby! We're waiting for you!!!

Things can happen suddenly without any signs! But you're so close, hopefully things will speed up :flower:

When I was in labour I went from 3cm - ds being born in 4 and a half hours( and that was my first birth) so things can move rapid sometimes xxx

It sounds promising!! Lets hope baby shows up soon!

With my second I went to bed the night before my due date with no signs of baby coming at all and had him at 4 o'clock the following morning, literally that quick from no signs to having him. It can happen, don't give up hope yet!

Well another update here!

Doctor told I have basically two options. Either go and get induced in like less that 5 hours (cause that's when they would have a room available at the hospital) or wait a few days and see what happens.

Going to the hospital in 5 hours from now (which will be at 4 in the morning for me) is kinda ridiculous cause I just ate A LOT of pizza for dinner and would not be able to sleep so I would be tired before I even started with labour!

So I opted to wait, since baby is doing just fine and I'll get induced either monday or tuesday if nothing has happened till then. I want to give my body a chance to do what it's supposed to!

That's great :) At least you have a date set! Best of luck to you & baby!!

Well.... I've had lots of BH, I lost my mucus plug today. No real contractions though. And nothing is happening. Also I read that diarrhea is a good sign, but I am constipated so I guess this little one is not wanting to come out any time soon....

I think everybody has different signs so I wouldn't worry too much about things but it definitely sounds like things are starting to happen. Good luck!

Thanks! I do hope something happens soon, cause I really would rather not be induced! I will if I have to though... :/

Oh Hun I hope it's starts for you on it's own c'mon little baby momma is ready for you! Good luck hun������

Any updates?

And I know what you mean. I had diarrhea for a couple days after losing my mucus plug and honestly thought labor would be quick. However, I am now constipated and not so sure anymore. Sucks. But perhaps we are reading too much into it. Everyone has different symptoms :)

Well, to update you guys, nothing is happening still!

Doctor has booked me in for an induction in the VERY EARLY hours of Tuesday morning (which for me is about 30 hours from now).

We're ready for you baby girl!

Oooh sounds exciting! Hope it happens for you before then but at least your close to meeting your little princess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->