40 with a 9 month baby

steffi2

Proud mom of 3 kids
Reaction score
I turned 40 in September, and have 3 kids: 10, 6, and 9 months. I am not entirely sure if I am done. I had a hard time conceiving my last baby and it took me 1 1/2 years and 1 attempt at clomid to get my bfp. I often think that my baby will grow up not having a sibling close to his age to play with. This makes me long for another. I am scared though of the risks with my age. My dh is turning 48 next year. We are thinking of trying for another. I am in the 2 week wait now. If I don't get pregnant in the next 3 months, I may ask my OB for clomid again. I sometimes wonder if it will be easier to get pregnant since I just gave birth less than a year ago. I guess I'll soon find out. Just wanted to share my story and for those in the 2ww or waiting to try again, sending you all some baby dust! :dust: :)

I turned 40 in September, and have 3 kids: 10, 6, and 9 months. I am not entirely sure if I am done. I had a hard time conceiving my last baby and it took me 1 1/2 years and 1 attempt at clomid to get my bfp. I often think that my baby will grow up not having a sibling close to his age to play with. This makes me long for another. I am scared though of the risks with my age. My dh is turning 48 next year. We are thinking of trying for another. I am in the 2 week wait now. If I don't get pregnant in the next 3 months, I may ask my OB for clomid again. I sometimes wonder if it will be easier to get pregnant since I just gave birth less than a year ago. I guess I'll soon find out. Just wanted to share my story and for those in the 2ww or waiting to try again, sending you all some baby dust! :dust: :)
hi didnt want to read and run just to say looking at your little man i can see why would feel broody he is very cute, i had last child at 40 but didnt have the probs getting preg am having now, had mmc in aug after yr of trying,even if was 40 would have to think hard if could take all the stress and heartache of trying again. am 43 so if have another will be my last but can really empathise with your dilema. follow your heart you may still be more fertile due to only being preg 9 months ago.. good luck :hugs:

Hi, never give up. I am 42 and had been trying for 3 years. I gave up the trying all the time bit :winkwink: and just left it all to nature. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and chuffed to bits. I have two grown up children, 23 and 21 and my daughter is 5, I also didnt want her to be an only child. Nature is a fantastic thing and sometimes can take you by surprise:thumbup: Good luck.

I also have a 9 month old and am TTC again !
I have three much older daughters (21, 19 &18 ) and we don't want her raised as an only child. I had a TR in May 08 and it took me 13 months and 2 IUI to conceive.
I am hoping to do it natural like you ( I has also told that you can be more likely got get pregnant within the first year )

future_numan im same as you nearly, my elder sons are 18,19 & 20 nearly and i have a 9mth old son, wanted another LO for this one so he dont grow up being a only child in a way, sadly just found out ive suffered a missed miscarriage n go into hospital in the morning, but once im able will TTC one last time :hugs:

future_numan im same as you nearly, my elder sons are 18,19 & 20 nearly and i have a 9mth old son, wanted another LO for this one so he dont grow up being a only child in a way, sadly just found out ive suffered a missed miscarriage n go into hospital in the morning, but once im able will TTC one last time :hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up soon, hon.

Oh poppy, I am so sorry :cry: I have chatted with you on other forums before ( I think we were both Lovebugs too ) we have alot in common. I am so sad for your loss.

:hugs:

hi im 43 try ttc again after loss last yr then mc march this yr .

I'm sure this could be something to think on for the future, but if you fear of another pregnancy have you ever thought of adopting a young child through the foster system? Foster to adopt. It's an option that's there and no matter which direction you choose, there is always a child for your sweet home.

God will provide no matter what. Don't get down on ttc. Take it one step at a time and know there are other options waiting if it doesn't happen the way you'd like this time.:hugs:

Hi, never give up. I am 42 and had been trying for 3 years. I gave up the trying all the time bit :winkwink: and just left it all to nature. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and chuffed to bits. I have two grown up children, 23 and 21 and my daughter is 5, I also didnt want her to be an only child. Nature is a fantastic thing and sometimes can take you by surprise:thumbup: Good luck.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! :happydance:

hi didnt want to read and run just to say looking at your little man i can see why would feel broody he is very cute, i had last child at 40 but didnt have the probs getting preg am having now, had mmc in aug after yr of trying,even if was 40 would have to think hard if could take all the stress and heartache of trying again. am 43 so if have another will be my last but can really empathise with your dilema. follow your heart you may still be more fertile due to only being preg 9 months ago.. good luck :hugs:

Thanks. Sending baby dust your way! I think I am out this cycle. Will try again after the holidays.

Congratulations! Thanks for giving me hope. Enjoy your pregnancy!

I'm so sorry. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->