41 and TTC again...too old ???

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm a veteran on BnB but haven't posted for ages !!

We have been trying TTC since I was 39...but things kept getting in the way (8mnths recovery after car accident...recovery after liver surgery and now OH having 3rd op ) soo....I am now 41 but still want a mother baby so my ds isn't an only child.

Question is....am I now too old to be TTC again ???

Xxxx:wacko:

personally I dont think so.
I am 42 and ttc at the moment. My LO is 17 months
unfortunately Im still waiting for the return of AF (as still BFing) so who knows if it will ever happen for us.
good luck xx

Thanks Hun. Good to know I'm not the only one x

A lot of women have babies in their early 40s. If you are in good health and know you want another, you should go for it. You'll never know until you try. Best of luck!

No way im 43 good luck too you hope you get your bfp soon

I do not think you are too old. I'm 40 and just found out I'm pregnant. I do think its very possible for ladies to get pregnant in their 40's you just need to watch your body more closely because fertility cycle is different.

I do not think you are not too old to TTC. I know a lot of ladies that have gotten pregnant over 40 myself included. You need to watch your fertility signs a little bit closer because once you are in 40's it changes some. I want to wish you good luck and hope it does not take you long to conceive.

It's such a personal thing, it only really matters what you, your DH and your dr. think. I know some people thought I was too old to get pg at 35! I don't think 41 is too old. If you want to have another and you feel healthy and up for it, then go for it! Good luck!

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/?single_page=true

This article shed some light for me. A girl here on bnb posted the link and I can't share it enough!! Happy reading!! :flower:

I'm 40 next week and I'm almost 11 weeks along with my first! I have a friend who is having her fourth and she's 43. I SAY GO FOR IT! 41 is still good to go.

Love this thread!
Im keeping my hope for now!
(TTC #2)

I think go for it :) I am 38 years old and newly pregnant after a 5 year wait between kids. I live in an area where lots if girls have their kids right out of high school, so I do feel old, but I know some women in my family and family history who've had babies into their mid forties, so I did feel confident it would happen and (knock on wood) after 5 months of TTC it has. I was a little worried about how old I'll be when the LO graduates but my husband just told me my stat is to live until 91 (and his was 87!). So if I do I will have lots of time to see grandchildren :winkwink:

Def not:) I was 41 when I conceived my youngest of 9 months and almost 42 when I had him, I'm 43 in Nov and we are trying again, lots of luck to you xxx:)

Not too old at all. Go for it!! I am 41 and due my 4th baby any day now. Couldn't be happier ;) Wishing you the very best of luck. X

You aren't too old, no way. I'm 44 and will be 45 in August. I found out I am pregnant on July 14th. Baby dust and never stop hoping.

Congratulations BlessedRoads! Xxxx Thank you for sharing it gives me hope:) xx

Ohh congratulations Blessedroads!!
I am in the tww and this definitely puts a a bit of hope in my heart!

I'm 38 but have, in just my close circle of friends:

41 years, first baby
42 years, first baby
42 years, second baby
43 years, fourth baby

All unassisted in any way :)

Best of luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members