Hiya

Stick with it hun!
I started Avon a couple of months ago and i think its a really good way to earn extra money. :happydance:

When i started i felt the same as you and i went round my road and a few more round the corner from me and only managed to hand out 5 books!!
I'm ok with it now though and i'm actually planning an Avon Party now. I know its a pain that you have to earn so much before you can earn which i think is really unfair.
Have you spoken to your sales leader on any advice?

Try going to your dr's or dentist and asking if you can leave a book there?
Also do you go to any baby/toddler groups or classes? You can always ask a few people there if they are interested in looking at a book?

And knock on the door and ask for your books back, i do! But give them 3/4 days to look at the books or they just might misplace the book!

I dont do avon but stick with it. If your new to the area people will only place small orders to begin with to test you. See if you'll deliver and on time. We had a new avon lady come round and i placed an order with her only for £10 but OH and I had planned on getting loads of xmas pressies from there and not only was the order delivered over a week late, but she had her 12 year old daughter do it so we couldnt even complain and say that we didnt need it anymore as it was a birthday pressie. sorry rant there. my point is had she have been reliable she would have had a much bigger order next time.
hope it works out for you. x

My mum does it and it's a pain in the ass!

She's stuck with it for years because she needed something to do when she had me and my brother cos she didn't work but seriously I would NEVER do it, you don't even make that much money for a lot of effort :(

Hiya, ive done it for years and im also a sales leader but i dont take it too seriously cos i work part time aswell as avon, i think you should stick at it a little longer as it takes time to find you good customers, i also once done a road and only got 2 customers out of it but one of them orders about 50 pound a time as her daughter looks at book too, ask all your friends family and allways carry a book with you, i even sent a pm to some people on my facebook today asking if they wanted to see a book . I think the more time and effort you put in the more you will earn, on my facebook there is one of the top sales leaders in the uk she and her husband do it and have earnt thousands from it a campaign as they have such a big team and alot of customers. Goodluck xxx

I did it for a few months but got fed up in the end as I found it so time consuming for very little money.

I think if you are happy to do the same neighbourhoods religously and plug it whenever you meet anyone Im sure people do quite well but for me I really didn't fancy the idea of trudging round with catalogues every couple of weeks then going back to collect them.

I did manage to badger quite a few friends, family work colleagues etc to order but after 3/4 catalogues orders are quite thin on the ground.

I really disliked the constant flow of catalogues, at one point there was barely 3 weeks between them, it was that point I gave up !

aww i wish i NEVER ever started doing it ! it was crap money, to much time, i had soooo many problems with my stupid cheeky rep

she gimme a street with 121 houses on, i bought in the books,took them out ( morgan was newborn then aswell ) only 2b told she had given me the wrong street ! no refund4the books either

then i got another street, 6wk later people were telling me someone eles was also posting books to there house aswelll ....... again the rep had given sum1 my street

then to top it off last time i ordered for the third time items were missing out of my box, i emailed them,they resent it, i didnt sign / take the order told the driver i arent doing it anymore .... resigned , a few mth later i get a letter saying i owe £111 for items that i nevr evr received !

and after telling them i never signed for these theyve sent debt collectors 2my door ! luckily ive still got the emails and theyve no signature frm me, will update u in the future x

Waste of my time, money and effort. My rep signed me up, got my catalogues, I think it was 70 of them posted them all out where I used to live and got one order of £10 . Said to my rep as I had posted them out twice all together after I got like half of them back somewhere else and she came took the order, I paid for bags and such for my first order only to never get it, i worked out I owed them money! she took my order and never came back near me again and ignored my calls, that person didnt even get their order. Its not worth the hassel of driving about or walking to deliver these when its pennies you get back.
I know it can work for some I assume it does as one of my friend does it and I will order off her so she can get something. But it wasnt for me.

Yeah I did it last year. Didn't get enough money from it and it took a lot of effort. Gave it up after 2 months
xx

LOL?? sorry i had two tags of bnb and one was this thread, sent in here by accident

I used to do Avon a few months ago and it did really well for me as I used to take it into work and as I know quite alot of people on our street it made it easier to get them interested :) One woman who used to order from me used to order at least £40 per book so she pretty much kept me going lol. I stopped because I had to work more hours and by the time I got home from work, I couldn't be bothered going around to everyones house. If I were you, i'd stick it out until after xmas, it picks up quite well then and if it slows back down afterwards, stop then. No point keeping at it if your not making any money :hugs:

also i was going to reply in here too :) i did avon for a short while, and found it the biggest waste of time no one bought anything, id go round and collect my books and i found people had ripped the book up clearly for the use of roll ups...or joints lol but they forget we have to pay for them! i just found more more was coming out than coming in IYKWIM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->