42 and just got ivf referal anyone else done this ??

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
42 and just got fertility referal

Hi ladies. I still can't believe I am 42 now !! We have a little boy age 4 but am desperate for a sibling. We've been trying for nearly 3 years (on and off due to serious car accident leading to operations and medication etc ).

We've now been refered to a fertility clinic for ivf.

Has anyone been through this ??xxx

I am in my 40's too been TTC on and off for 6 years I got a referral for IVF due to DH's slightly low count and me running out of time but we wont be going that route. why did they refer you for IVF?.

I am in my 40's too been TTC on and off for 6 years I got a referral for IVF due to DH's slightly low count and me running out of time but we wont be going that route. why did they refer you for IVF?.

Because we have been trying for over two years and his swimmers slightly low.

Can I ask why you wouldn't go down this route ??xx

I was just hoping they were not referring you do to being over 40.
we wont be going that route because my husband is kind of against using medical assistance to conceive he thinks if its meant to be it will happen naturally and I already have 4 kids from my previous marriage , were not wealthy so I dont think its fair to them to spend over 10 grand on TTC a 5th child. IVF is very expensive where I live. I have looked into traveling abroad for it though. good luck with your IVF.

Hi Kalou, Have you moved forward with the process? I just turned 43 and we are also TTC#2. I am in the middle of the IVF cycle now. Good luck to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->