42+ pregnant?

:bfp:Ladies, I got my spontaneous :bfp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was preparing for IVF and went on a very drastic diet of very low carbs, lost 20lbs in 10 weeks (I read that if you have polycystic ovary syndrome, having low carbs acts in a similar way then metformin, I have been on Metformin before but hated the side effects of an upset tummy) For all of you ladies, don't lose hope!!! I am 43 years old! I have done the Co-Q10, 25mg of DHEA 3 times a day, 50,000 IU of Vit D3, Wheat germ oil, acupuncture, I also went to the tanning booth to get my vitamin D levels up, (didn't go crazy, just 12 minutes twice a week, I am meditarranean skin stype so 12 is ok for me) I was taking baby aspirin and when I went to talk to my consultant, or one of them, he was a bit nasty and said to me I should just give up and that my problems were due to my age... And I refused to accept it and obsessed in taking supplements... he said if I wanted to waste my money and go to an IVF clinic, that there were plenty of them wanting to take my money but just give up and think about donor eggs! That made me more determined to prove them wrong. Now I am going to acupuncture every week to support the pregnancy. I also did intralipids (unbeknownst to me!) and that also, I believe, helped the embryo implant. I did the intralipids for my allergies, not knowing that it would help with pregnancy.

If you are lucky enough to have a National Health System as I do in the UK (even though I am from the USA) try to ask for a blood work test, I told them I had thick blood and that is why I had had miscarriages before, they reluctantly gave me the test, said it was cuz of my age that I had the miscarriages and lo and behold, I was right! I tested positive to Lupus anticoagulant!!! So now I am having to inject clexane, take baby asprin and I also got them to give me a prescription for progesterone pessaries (as I dectected I had a luteal phase deffect by charting my temp)

I didnt wanna say anything but I can't take it anymore, I am 6 weeks pregnant now. Ladies, if you live in the UK, you can get the Harmony test for free in London. Google Doctor Nicolaides, they are doing it at 137 Harley street and if you are between 10 weeks and 10 weeks 6 days, you will get it for free and it is 99% accuarate dectecting down syndrome and other stuff. I don't wanna risk miscarriage with an amnio so i am going for it, made my appt already! You will only get it for free if is not an IVF baby. They will also do the nuchal fold scan for you but they will charge you something like £180 but he is one of the top doctors for fetal medicine and HE INVENTED the Harmony test.

I have obsessed so much about all of this and if any of you ladies want any help or info, i am here for you. I can tell you that my acupuncturist is quiet popular when it comes to getting the ladies pregnant. There is one in London that I read he is so good but his fees are like £200 or something ridiculous per session... mine only charges £35! and delivers results! I can tell you where I got my lipid infusions, it is a clinic for allergies and autoinmune problems. I trully believe that everything I have done, in combination, has help me get my :bfp:

Has anyone here gotten pregnant at 42, 43, or even older and successfully had a healthy baby?

I'm 43 (43.8 to be exact, so 44 when baby is born) and am about 3 mos pregnant w/2nd child. Experienced secondary infertility. DD is 12. Of course getting pregnant was half the battle, now hoping baby will be healthy and all genetic tests come out ok. Getting the new Harmony prenatal blood test for trisomies week after Thanksgiving, then probably amnio depending....

I posted most of my main supps in a new thread in the TTC over 35 group titled Over 40 Natural BFP DHEA CoQ10 Vitex Black Cohosh Low AMH.....it's on 2nd pg now, maybe this link works...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...fp-dhea-coq10-vitex-black-cohosh-low-amh.html

hi - i have gone back to your original post again and again - you mentioned you got on better with a low dose DHEA over a longer period. I have never touched the stuff before but I'm getting desperate (you know the feeling!!) - so I'm think of 10mg per day or perhaps 25mg - how did you get on with the low dose - did you notice anything out of the ordinary/any discomforts. Do you think there is anything in particular that helped you? thanks for your time x PS - please keep us up to date with your pregnancy - very exciting but always nice to get those initial tests out of the way - all the best with those x

Hi, I know the question is directed to someone else but as I got a :bfp: I thought I would share with you what helped. I posted it on my last post if you wanna have a read but it was basically DHEA, CO Q10, acupuncture, 50,000 IU of vitamin D3, wheat germ and baby aspirin... And what me and notrustyyet have in common is DHEA and Co Q10. They work!!!!! My AMH was 3.82 and FSH 9.5. It can be done!!!

Has anyone here gotten pregnant at 42, 43, or even older and successfully had a healthy baby?

I'm 43 (43.8 to be exact, so 44 when baby is born) and am about 3 mos pregnant w/2nd child. Experienced secondary infertility. DD is 12. Of course getting pregnant was half the battle, now hoping baby will be healthy and all genetic tests come out ok. Getting the new Harmony prenatal blood test for trisomies week after Thanksgiving, then probably amnio depending....

I posted most of my main supps in a new thread in the TTC over 35 group titled Over 40 Natural BFP DHEA CoQ10 Vitex Black Cohosh Low AMH.....it's on 2nd pg now, maybe this link works...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...fp-dhea-coq10-vitex-black-cohosh-low-amh.html

hi - i have gone back to your original post again and again - you mentioned you got on better with a low dose DHEA over a longer period. I have never touched the stuff before but I'm getting desperate (you know the feeling!!) - so I'm think of 10mg per day or perhaps 25mg - how did you get on with the low dose - did you notice anything out of the ordinary/any discomforts. Do you think there is anything in particular that helped you? thanks for your time x PS - please keep us up to date with your pregnancy - very exciting but always nice to get those initial tests out of the way - all the best with those x

Hi, I know the question is directed to someone else but as I got a :bfp: I thought I would share with you what helped. I posted it on my last post if you wanna have a read but it was basically DHEA, CO Q10, acupuncture, 50,000 IU of vitamin D3, wheat germ and baby aspirin... And what me and notrustyyet have in common is DHEA and Co Q10. They work!!!!! My AMH was 3.82 and FSH 9.5. It can be done!!!

:bfp:Ladies, I got my spontaneous :bfp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was preparing for IVF and went on a very drastic diet of very low carbs, lost 20lbs in 10 weeks (I read that if you have polycystic ovary syndrome, having low carbs acts in a similar way then metformin, I have been on Metformin before but hated the side effects of an upset tummy) For all of you ladies, don't lose hope!!! I am 43 years old! I have done the Co-Q10, 25mg of DHEA 3 times a day, 50,000 IU of Vit D3, Wheat germ oil, acupuncture, I also went to the tanning booth to get my vitamin D levels up, (didn't go crazy, just 12 minutes twice a week, I am meditarranean skin stype so 12 is ok for me) I was taking baby aspirin and when I went to talk to my consultant, or one of them, he was a bit nasty and said to me I should just give up and that my problems were due to my age... And I refused to accept it and obsessed in taking supplements... he said if I wanted to waste my money and go to an IVF clinic, that there were plenty of them wanting to take my money but just give up and think about donor eggs! That made me more determined to prove them wrong. Now I am going to acupuncture every week to support the pregnancy. I also did intralipids (unbeknownst to me!) and that also, I believe, helped the embryo implant. I did the intralipids for my allergies, not knowing that it would help with pregnancy.

If you are lucky enough to have a National Health System as I do in the UK (even though I am from the USA) try to ask for a blood work test, I told them I had thick blood and that is why I had had miscarriages before, they reluctantly gave me the test, said it was cuz of my age that I had the miscarriages and lo and behold, I was right! I tested positive to Lupus anticoagulant!!! So now I am having to inject clexane, take baby asprin and I also got them to give me a prescription for progesterone pessaries (as I dectected I had a luteal phase deffect by charting my temp)

I didnt wanna say anything but I can't take it anymore, I am 6 weeks pregnant now. Ladies, if you live in the UK, you can get the Harmony test for free in London. Google Doctor Nicolaides, they are doing it at 137 Harley street and if you are between 10 weeks and 10 weeks 6 days, you will get it for free and it is 99% accuarate dectecting down syndrome and other stuff. I don't wanna risk miscarriage with an amnio so i am going for it, made my appt already! You will only get it for free if is not an IVF baby. They will also do the nuchal fold scan for you but they will charge you something like £180 but he is one of the top doctors for fetal medicine and HE INVENTED the Harmony test.

I have obsessed so much about all of this and if any of you ladies want any help or info, i am here for you. I can tell you that my acupuncturist is quiet popular when it comes to getting the ladies pregnant. There is one in London that I read he is so good but his fees are like £200 or something ridiculous per session... mine only charges £35! and delivers results! I can tell you where I got my lipid infusions, it is a clinic for allergies and autoinmune problems. I trully believe that everything I have done, in combination, has help me get my :bfp:

Happy I'm thrilled for you. Yo go girl! Yourpost has Really cheered me up. I'm a London girl too...where is your acupuncturist if you don't my asking? I am going back to Tcm in the new year if this cycle does not work. I have upped my coq10 bit leaving dhea alone for time being.my day 21 bloods were fine but that did not include amh. Thanks for your time x:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Happy I'm thrilled for you. Yo go girl! Yourpost has Really cheered me up. I'm a London girl too...where is your acupuncturist if you don't my asking? I am going back to Tcm in the new year if this cycle does not work. I have upped my coq10 bit leaving dhea alone for time being.my day 21 bloods were fine but that did not include amh. Thanks for your time x:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi Blythe, I live in Southampton, I guess that by my post it seems that I live in London... but I live in Southampton... There are several good ones in London, I will find out the name of the one that many women swear by... he is not even chinese, he is a white guy that learned acupuncture and I think he is in Harley street. however if you google "acupuncture for fertility london" you will get a few that charge much less. This one guy that has gotten (apparently) women pregnant after just a handle of visits, chages an arm and a leg... but mine in Southampton who only charges £35 was just as good. In fact, when you walk in his clinic (very unasuming and always cold!) you have national newspapers articles and many baby pictures on the wall from all the babies he has helped conceive. I don't know if it would be too much to come to him but he is cheap and he is good... cheap in comparison to London prices. There is one in London Zak Acupuncture that doesnt seem to charge that much... https://www.tcmcentre.co.uk/AboutUs.htm this one is my one... this is their number 023 8022 2214 and usually they get most of their customers thru word of mouth as they are so good... WHy are you going to stop DHEA? I went and bought the one from America, the one approved for "the center of human reproduction" the fertility clinic that started it all... and I bought 3 month's worth... but previously bought from Biovea on line... I was nearly out and so i order some more... cost me $200 dollars!!!! and it is still stuck at customs lol... by the time it got to the UK I had already had a :bfp: So it is stuck there and now I have to pay £57 to get it hahahaha... Well, at least I saved me the IVF fees! There is another lady on this thread that also got a :bfp: who also took DHEA and Co Q10 and she is even older than me!

Hi Blythe, I live in Southampton, I guess that by my post it seems that I live in London... but I live in Southampton... There are several good ones in London, I will find out the name of the one that many women swear by... he is not even chinese, he is a white guy that learned acupuncture and I think he is in Harley street. however if you google "acupuncture for fertility london" you will get a few that charge much less. This one guy that has gotten (apparently) women pregnant after just a handle of visits, chages an arm and a leg... but mine in Southampton who only charges £35 was just as good. In fact, when you walk in his clinic (very unasuming and always cold!) you have national newspapers articles and many baby pictures on the wall from all the babies he has helped conceive. I don't know if it would be too much to come to him but he is cheap and he is good... cheap in comparison to London prices. There is one in London Zak Acupuncture that doesnt seem to charge that much... https://www.tcmcentre.co.uk/AboutUs.htm this one is my one... this is their number 023 8022 2214 and usually they get most of their customers thru word of mouth as they are so good... WHy are you going to stop DHEA? I went and bought the one from America, the one approved for "the center of human reproduction" the fertility clinic that started it all... and I bought 3 month's worth... but previously bought from Biovea on line... I was nearly out and so i order some more... cost me $200 dollars!!!! and it is still stuck at customs lol... by the time it got to the UK I had already had a :bfp: So it is stuck there and now I have to pay £57 to get it hahahaha... Well, at least I saved me the IVF fees! There is another lady on this thread that also got a :bfp: who also took DHEA and Co Q10 and she is even older than me!

Thanks so much for info. I have upped my COQ10 to 400mg per day but I'm not sure about DHEA....im not sure if i have any condition which that would help...i don't have PCOS or anything like that and I'm worried about growing a beard and becoming aggressive - this is a serious comment :wacko:

i will return to TCM in the new year with a vengeance if i don't get my BFP this month...there are lots to choose from but i really have to watch how much i spend - i think 35 is the absolute most i would pay but then once the herbs are added this could take it up to 80-90 per week which is just a bit crazy - i did it before and literally spent hundreds and had to give up as i was making zero progress. I think i just had a completely disinterested practitioner but it did put me off it for a while.

how are you feeling?

Hi Blythe, how am I feeling? lol... PREGNANT! LOL boobies are hurting, I am quizzy, and tired but I AM LOVING IT. it is crazy to spend all this money but... other people spend several thousands on IVF! Consider it a small investment to only spend a few hundreds. I guess the combination of acupuncture with some of the supplements that seem to give :bfp: may increase your chances. Most women that take DHEA don't have any of the nasty side effects. I didn't get a beard lol, nor did I get angrier, nor did I feel ill for it. In fact, I felt better. If you are going to buy it, try BIOVEA on line. Also research inmune issues and intralipids. I had that done too!

Thanks so much for info. I have upped my COQ10 to 400mg per day but I'm not sure about DHEA....im not sure if i have any condition which that would help...i don't have PCOS or anything like that and I'm worried about growing a beard and becoming aggressive - this is a serious comment :wacko:

i will return to TCM in the new year with a vengeance if i don't get my BFP this month...there are lots to choose from but i really have to watch how much i spend - i think 35 is the absolute most i would pay but then once the herbs are added this could take it up to 80-90 per week which is just a bit crazy - i did it before and literally spent hundreds and had to give up as i was making zero progress. I think i just had a completely disinterested practitioner but it did put me off it for a while.

how are you feeling?

Blythe, research duofertility (they can diagnose if you have hormonal problems or imbalances, or a luteal phase deffect, or whatever!) they guarantee you a pregnancy or your money back! It costs you like 100 a month and if you don't get pregnant within a year, they return your money! Also research the clearblue fertility monitor, go to amazon and see the hundreds of wonderful reviews. I also used this contraption the month I got pregnant. it said I ovulated on day 10 of my cycle. I thought it was wrong but I did grab my husband for a quicky lol... and maybe that is what got me pregnant... I don't know. I just think it was a combination of everything I did and my insistence!!! I wasn't going to give up until i had a baby in my arms, whether is was taking ridiculous amounts of pills, horrible teas, acupuncture, clomid, fertility monitors, ovulation induction, stopping eating all grains and milk, detoxing, losing 20 lbs in 10 weeks, visualizing, soya isoflavons, conceive plus, robitussin, baby aspirin, natural progesterone cream, a couple of faith healers, a therapist lol, relaxing and not stressing, eating only organic and good food, reading half a dozen books, being a pest to my consultant asking for blood tests all the time til they found lupus anticoagulant and now I have to inject daily for the rexst of the pregnancy with clexane!, charting my cycle, injectables. intralipids, positive thinking... and if all that didn't work, then continue all of that plus IVF, I was saving for it, and if i didn't conceive with my own eggs, I was going to do donor eggs lol... But I wasn't going to take no for an answer!!! I was going to die trying... thank God I didn't lol...

how are you feeling?

Blythe, research duofertility (they can diagnose if you have hormonal problems or imbalances, or a luteal phase deffect, or whatever!) they guarantee you a pregnancy or your money back! It costs you like 100 a month and if you don't get pregnant within a year, they return your money! Also research the clearblue fertility monitor, go to amazon and see the hundreds of wonderful reviews. I also used this contraption the month I got pregnant. it said I ovulated on day 10 of my cycle. I thought it was wrong but I did grab my husband for a quicky lol... and maybe that is what got me pregnant... I don't know. I just think it was a combination of everything I did and my insistence!!! I wasn't going to give up until i had a baby in my arms, whether is was taking ridiculous amounts of pills, horrible teas, acupuncture, clomid, fertility monitors, ovulation induction, stopping eating all grains and milk, detoxing, losing 20 lbs in 10 weeks, visualizing, soya isoflavons, conceive plus, robitussin, baby aspirin, natural progesterone cream, a couple of faith healers, a therapist lol, relaxing and not stressing, eating only organic and good food, reading half a dozen books, being a pest to my consultant asking for blood tests all the time til they found lupus anticoagulant and now I have to inject daily for the rexst of the pregnancy with clexane!, charting my cycle, injectables. intralipids, positive thinking... and if all that didn't work, then continue all of that plus IVF, I was saving for it, and if i didn't conceive with my own eggs, I was going to do donor eggs lol... But I wasn't going to take no for an answer!!! I was going to die trying... thank God I didn't lol...

thanks again for so much info....i have a CBFM and have used it over the months - i know when i ovulate so thats not really the issue for me although its a wonderful tool for ladies that are not so familiar with their cycles. i will certainly look at DHEA as a possible supplement for me and i have prog cream this cycle which i will try for the first time post ovulation alongside all the other stuff I'm chucking down my throat each day. I have really improved my diet quite drastically over the last few weeks so desperately hoping to see some improvements and even a BFP. Hope you are managing to get lots of rest - such an exciting time :flower:

I have edited my original post a few times, so that's good that you've gone back and re-read...
I was wary about doing too high a dose esp since I wasn't doing IVF, as I read somewhere a fert spec. say that DHEA either takes a very low dose and a long time to work or a high dose but that can affect other body systems and wreak havoc with hormones, making you less fertile while on it. (but if you're doing IVF, they give you hormones, so it wouldn't matter) I did notice too that with too much, more than 20 mg I became tired on it, probably due to my cortisol being lowered too much...

I first started DHEA only 10 mg in April, 6 mos before my BFP. The first month I O'd on CD 10 which was early for me usually alternate btwn CD12 or 13. Oing too early can make for immature egg. Also that 1st try, had a very light short cycle, with a couple of days of black/brown spotting first, but then only 24 hrs of a of heavy flow, then basically nothing, so I attributed that to the DHEA and had stopped after CD 10 that month. I skipped until my June cycle and started up with 10 mg every second day. That month I O'd on CD 13 as usual, had normal bleeding, bright red flow, usually my pattern now is H, M, Lt, then spotting. (though BTW, overall my periods are lighter/shorter since turning 42. I used to get 2 days of very heavy, and 2 of medium, then sp,)

In July, started with 10 mg DHEA every other day, but by mid month began 10 mg daily. In August took 10 mg most days but quite often did 20 mg, no side effects.

By September, my BFP month out of desperation, I tried the 25 mg micronized caps 2x/day. After only 5 days, I began breaking out with huge cysts on my face, and my clitoris (sorry TMI) felt very sensitive/uncomfortable, not in a good way at all, didn't feel right, was very tired, so I went back down to 10 mg 2x/day. That month had DHEAS level checked on CD13 and was 374.88 upper limit for 18-19 yr old females. I have no idea what it was before supplementing in April, but I did NOT start out w/elevated testosterone/PCOS.

Something curious that I haven't mentioned before is that both times i have gotten BFP in past yr I was sick. When I had chemical in Feb. 12, I actually had a fever around O time, but baby never fully implanted. In September, BFP, I had a mild cold, no fever though. I think both times my body was too busy fighting off infection to rally all the usual effort to kill the foreign sperm. So my advice to you don't skip those months you don't feel good, it may be best time to get preggers.

notrustyyet have you had any scan yet? Did you know that there is a new test called Harmony test that they are doing in London that can tell you if baby is healthy by 10 weeks? it is non invasive and 99% accurate.... 5 minutes later... I realized you wrote about the harmony test on the other thread... can you tell me about it please? I have my appt for Dec 27th!!!

Hey ladies, wish me luck please. I am going in a couple of days to have my first ultrasound, my dating scan! And FYI, if you want the Harmony test, you can get it for free if you do it between 10 weeks and 10 weeks 6 days!!! You can get it at 137 Harley street, London with doctor Nicolaides who is a top consultant, obstetrician and leading expert in fetal medicine. He invented the test.

notrustyyet have you had any scan yet? Did you know that there is a new test called Harmony test that they are doing in London that can tell you if baby is healthy by 10 weeks? it is non invasive and 99% accurate.... 5 minutes later... I realized you wrote about the harmony test on the other thread... can you tell me about it please? I have my appt for Dec 27th!!!

I had it at 11 wks, but don't know results yet, should take another week to know. I'm doing it as a pretest before I consider amnio. If it comes out high risk, I'll probably confirm with Amnio. It's new so my MD doesn't trust it 100%...

Happypregnant How do I get that cute baby development ticker?

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations and thank you for posting your pregnancy stories! It's gives the me much needed hope. I'm 40.8 and we have been trying for 20 months. HappyPregnant you taking the DHEA 3x a day and 50,000 IU of Vit D3 everyday? I have those but I'm alway afraid to take too much. Thanks!!!

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations and thank you for posting your pregnancy stories! It's gives the me much needed hope. I'm 40.8 and we have been trying for 20 months. HappyPregnant you taking the DHEA 3x a day and 50,000 IU of Vit D3 everyday? I have those but I'm alway afraid to take too much. Thanks!!!

Tadpole... I "was" taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day. i am not now, I am pregnant!!! And 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 per week!!! not per day! All in one go! Do some research about vitamin D3, it is not toxic! Even in those large quantities. 15 minutes of mid day sun will give your body 35,000IU of vitamin D3! and your body can handle it no problem. The tablet form some of it gets excreted... Is your DHEA micronized? Also take Co Q10! It is a combination of things that have helped us. Co Q10 is a bit expensive but it does not seem to cause any side effects. I was scared too as the first time I started taking DHEA I started getting palpitations and I attributed to the DHEA and stopped... and out of desperation (and after the palpitations went away with multivitamins and iron) I started again with no side effects! So it wasn't the DHEA. I always ask the same questions to the ladies... what is your FSH and AMH? and what is the cause of your infertility if they have told you....

Happypregnant How do I get that cute baby development ticker?

Go to

https://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers&MsdVisit=1

and register, upper right hand corner and then copy and paste it onto your profile

Hi Ladies,

Tadpole... I "was" taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day. i am not now, I am pregnant!!! And 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 per week!!! not per day! All in one go! Do some research about vitamin D3, it is not toxic! Even in those large quantities. 15 minutes of mid day sun will give your body 35,000IU of vitamin D3! and your body can handle it no problem. The tablet form some of it gets excreted... Is your DHEA micronized? Also take Co Q10! It is a combination of things that have helped us. Co Q10 is a bit expensive but it does not seem to cause any side effects. I was scared too as the first time I started taking DHEA I started getting palpitations and I attributed to the DHEA and stopped... and out of desperation (and after the palpitations went away with multivitamins and iron) I started again with no side effects! So it wasn't the DHEA. I always ask the same questions to the ladies... what is your FSH and AMH? and what is the cause of your infertility if they have told you....

Hi Happy!! Thank you so much for the reply. I was having a tough day today as I'm getting my period. I don't remember my FSH or AMH specifically although at the time the tests were taken, my FS said they were both very good. OH has had an SA and everything good except morphology and I've heard that's not really an issue. So the official diagnosis (drum roll please...) unexplained!! (and I'm "old" of course :dohh:) How can I tell my my DHEA is micronized. I have Schiff brand I ordered off Amazon. I have been previously diagnosed with Vit D deficiency so I'll be drowning in those bad boys. I know something is "off" because i do spot for like a week before my period. It's very depression knowing a fully week before AF that you're not pregnant. It'd be nice to be hopeful at least for a short while.

I have a new FS that I'm going to see next week. His basic tests are more comprehensive than the other 2 I've seen. It's frustrating but I'm going to go in armed with knowledge and if he doesn't respond/answer calls, I'm moving on. From reading your posts, it sounds like you really have to take control of this because the doctors can't/won't.

I love hearing success stories (I stalk the lttc bfp posts for encouraging stories).

Thanks again. :flower:

Hi Ladies,

Hi Happy!! Thank you so much for the reply. I was having a tough day today as I'm getting my period. I don't remember my FSH or AMH specifically although at the time the tests were taken, my FS said they were both very good. OH has had an SA and everything good except morphology and I've heard that's not really an issue. So the official diagnosis (drum roll please...) unexplained!! (and I'm "old" of course :dohh:) How can I tell my my DHEA is micronized. I have Schiff brand I ordered off Amazon. I have been previously diagnosed with Vit D deficiency so I'll be drowning in those bad boys. I know something is "off" because i do spot for like a week before my period. It's very depression knowing a fully week before AF that you're not pregnant. It'd be nice to be hopeful at least for a short while.

I have a new FS that I'm going to see next week. His basic tests are more comprehensive than the other 2 I've seen. It's frustrating but I'm going to go in armed with knowledge and if he doesn't respond/answer calls, I'm moving on. From reading your posts, it sounds like you really have to take control of this because the doctors can't/won't.

I love hearing success stories (I stalk the lttc bfp posts for encouraging stories).

Thanks again. :flower:

Well, you are still young enough (younger than me!) so that is a good thing. Having a vitamin D defficiency can be one of the problems as it causes inflammation and hormonal disturbances. Are you very faired skinned? You know how you can top up your Vit D deficiency? You can go to the tanning booth and before any of you ladies say it causes cancer... (and this is what I have read, I had armed myself with almost a dozen books on concieving, what to eat, what to take, etc) according to this specialist that wrote the book, what causes cancer is all the crap we put in our system and chemicals. As he puts it, human beings living (our ancestors) lived for thousands of years under the sun. On saying this, he only recommends the minimum amount for your skin type, just enough for your skin to start to turn slightly pink. In my case, I am mediterranean skin color so I can take 12 minutes without any protection... if you are very fair, do 6 to 7 minutes 3 times a week. Plus the supplements. Take some magnesium along with it as if you are low in magnesium, you will get headaches. Google all of this. This is what helped me and gave me hope. I googled everything I could. I read what I could. I reached out, I asked. I contacted several infertility clinics around the world. Google Doctr Malpani in India... he has such an amazing website with tons and tons of information. He was the one who kindly took his time and adviced me to take the supplements I took and the high does of vitamin D! Knock on a hundred doors and at least once (if not way more) are bound to open up! Buy a book called "inconceivable". This book could be a bit unnerving for women that have not had a child yet, but depending how you look at it, it could also give you lots of hope. Just see yourself with a little baby in your arm. When you go to bed, imagine yourself holding a baby... if you can, buy the book "the secret" and it will explain a lot about the power of thinking and positive thought. I was like, "I am going to have this baby, because I am going to have this baby, because I am going to have this baby" I didn't focused on getting pregnant per se... I told myself, just try, leasurly... and if that doesnt work, then IVF with own eggs, and if that does not work, then there is always donor eggs (not the real thing but the closest thing) and when you have in your head that no matter what you will end up with a baby (I would have sold my car or my house if I had to! I was prepared to do whatever it took, fly to India for cheap IVF if I had to!) you start to relax and when you relax, lots of time, wham, there it is. I know I am not out of the woods yet but I am so positive that it has got to happen. Night night. Got my dating scan tomorrow in London. Wish me luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->