43 and tubal ligation

Lotsoboys

Reaction score
I hope I'm posting in the right area, but here goes. I will be 43 in a few days and have four beautiful boys (ages 24,15, 14, 12) and had a modified Pomeroy tubal ligation (tie, cut, burn) a couple of months after our last son came into our lives. It was not a laparoscopic surgery, it was open. I have never had any problems or irregularities. In fact, I had discovered menstrual cups in recent months and was looking forward to using it last month but did not get the opportunity. I'll start from the beginning of what I'm am certain are signs of pregnancy.

A couple of weeks ago, I had noticed that my left breast was slightly larger than the right, which was weird, but I let it go as I had reduction surgery 13 years ago and that breast has a lot of scar tissue and sometimes gives me a fit. DH doesn't see it (I'm still a DD even after surgery), but I see it when I look down and my shirts are sliding to one side. Well, on July 20, I started having a light brown-tinged discharge sometimes when I wiped which lasted about five days. I don't usually have any precurser to my period, but I still thought this might be the beginning as I usually expect it within the last week and a half of the month. The light brown stopped, and I started getting very wet, slippery, colorless discharge. I did a cervical check which revealed a very high, soft, wet cervix. I kept running to the bathroom thinking I was starting, but it never happened. The discharge is still there.

Within a couple of days of the clear discharge, I started feeling nauseous in the late afternoons and sickening full after eating a meal. I've been very bloated, especially after eating and have to be careful not to eat too much at a time. The evening nausea has subsided. Then, I awoke at 3 in the morning on August 2 with a killer migraine that lasted until late afternoon that day. That was the one that really scared me as I had a migraine like that with two of my previous pregnancies. As of yesterday, my areolas are puffy and my nipples are larger in diameter and sore, especially that pesky left side (that nipple is downright crazy sore, espcially to touch). Add all that to the fact that I have been peeing frequently and going #2 three to four times a day when I'm usually lucky if I can go once a day.

Then there's the issue of garlic gagging me, which I typically love, and a fondness of pretty much anything icy cold.

Am I a lunatic, or does it sound like I am pregnant? I have taken a ton of tests, with the latest being this morning and they are all negative. I've tried different brands (Walgreens, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, FRER, Clearblue Digital) and still NOTHING. I do have an appointment with my GYN on Thursday, and they said it's unlikely but they will do a blood test. What the heck is going on with me? I am a grandma x2 for goodness sake. I have had a tubal and don't take medications other than vitamins. This is driving me nuts! Please, someone, give me some insight!

I also should have mentioned that my last period was in June, toward the end of the month sometime. I usually put my stay days in my calendar in my phone, but I got a new phone last month, and calendar didn't transfer properly, uggh. I don't know how late I am, just that I definitely missed July and see no sign of starting now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->