4am wake up?? HELP!

Elli21

Reaction score
My son is going to be 1 in a few days (woo!) But he keeps waking up all happy and playful at 4am..its driving me and my OH crazy! We're both tired and its getting us down.
How do we change this??

hE GETS REALLY CRANKY AND READY FOR BED BOUT HALF 6, BUT HES NOT ASLEEP UNTIL 7ISH. (shit, sorry for the caps) xx

Is there anyway of giving him a nap in the afternoon and giving him a bath, dinner and story later?

he already has a nap in the afternoon. every other night he has a bath before bed and it doesnt make any difference :(

what time does he eat last in the evening?

He starts to eat at half four, doesnt finish until 5. But he has a formula milk to go to sleep with.

how light is it in his room?

Adam started to wake up just after 4 but it was because we have white curtains in our bedroom so it started to get light, ow we have put thick brown sweude ones up and he sleeps through till 7

x

We have white curtains too...didnt think the light wouldve woken him up coz it hasnt bothered him before...im going to try and out a dark sheet over them..see if that helps :) ta

I agree, look at the curtains. Kaya doesn't properly settle for the night until after the sun goes down.

I'd give him a supper at 6.30 and put his tea back to 3.45-4. I feed Katie her evening meal at 4.30, then her milk at 7 and she still can eat a whole baby jar after that:shock: shes only started needing it the last week or so. :shrug: its worth a try?

try feeding a bathing a bit later on ?? also a block out sun blind is a god send we have one for our boys room aas they used to get up thinking it was morning at stoopid o clock but since getting that its never before 7 ;)

mamafy...tom wont eat those jars anymore...he prefers food that we eat...hes a pain in the bum lol...what recommendations for a supper would you give??

cheeky...if i fed him any later than half 4, he'd eat my arm lol :)

How long are his naps during a day? And at what time does he usually nap?

mamafy...tom wont eat those jars anymore...he prefers food that we eat...hes a pain in the bum lol...what recommendations for a supper would you give??

:rofl: sounds like mine :rofl:

you could give him weetabix, ready brek, toast with ham/cheese anything basically he likes and see does that do the trick. I always found mine woke only for 4 things...either

1) hunger

2) teeth

3) they were sick

4) they had too much sleep during the day

or he could just be a little beggar :lol:

so just eliminate the things and you've got your answer or limit the sleeps during the day.

how light is it in his room?

Adam started to wake up just after 4 but it was because we have white curtains in our bedroom so it started to get light, ow we have put thick brown sweude ones up and he sleeps through till 7

x

This was true for me too. My kid now wakes up about 6 every morning since I changed my curtains for the summer to lighter ones and she used to wake about 8ish usually. Mine's a welcome change though because it gets me up and going earlier. 4am would be a little extreme tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->