4D scan? When did you have yours?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Well, as the title says really ladies!!

I know you can have them from 16wks plus and a lot of places say that 26/28 weeks and upwards gives best results!!

So when did you have yours or if you have one booked when is it booked for?

I have booked mine for 30 weeks cos the place i'm going say 28-32 weeks :shrug: also figured it would give me something to look forward to in the long last stretch :lol:

My first was at 26 weeks and the next is this sat and I'm 28 weeks. Naughty boy wouldn't pose so we couldn't get footage or loads of pics! Fingers crossed this sat he plays ball! x

I had mine at 29 weeks, but then went back for another at 30 weeks and that extra week did make a difference, she looked kind of more squashed in the 30 week one!

16 weeks and another at 29 weeks.

I had mine done at 28weeks :) just the other day... I was told this is the best time because the baby has put on some fat, but is small enough still to move around alot.

And I am glad I didnt wait any longer because she was not in a good position to begin with, so we spent awhile trying to get her to turn.

Also, make sure you eat alot before you go and pig out on sugary stuff... I had to drive 2 hours on a busy highway so bubs was sleeping by the time we got there, I ended up having to go buy some candy and a coca-cola to get her to wake up and move.

And now I will use this as an excuse to post my pics again :D lol! Only so you can see what 28 weeks looks like :D hehe

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/3d2.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/3d1.jpg

Also wanted to ask, do you guys get DVD's too? We get DVDs here, which is pretty neat! Me and my OH watched it together tonight again lol.

We got one at 15 weeks - we had planned to go in for a NT scan, found out we were at 15+2 (not 13+5 as our dates suggested) so they decided to just take a really good look at bubs and do some measurements. Kiddo wasn't at all cooperative and wouldn't face front, they couldn't get clear pics, so they decided to do 4D, presumably so they could get a better view. It was lovely; I'm high-risk, and on a medication that can cause spinal defects, and we got to see a gorgeous, perfect spine in 2D, then a lovely closed back (no spinabifida) in 4D. I'm hoping for another 4D scan at around 20 weeks, when they do the gender and anatomical scan.

I've been told from 26 - 34 weeks is the best time to get it done. I had it done at 32 weeks with Scarlett <3

We had ours at 29 weeks but had to go back several times because she was in 'extended leg' position (covering her face with her legs) ... so clearly didn't really fancy posing for us ! However, we were so glad we did it because even the glimpses we got were worth it (a yawn etc) and my Dad was very ill at the time so it was special to be able to show him how his first grandchild was progressing.
Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Attachments

• babysmall.jpg
    babysmall.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 5
I was going to go at 24 but I think I will wait until 30, or maybe a little before depending on how I manage lol

I had mine at 25+6 and it was brilliant but I wish I'd waited untill 28 weeks.

we had ours done at 28weeks and it was wonderful, you could see everything :cloud9:

I had mine at 29 weeks, but then went back for another at 30 weeks and that extra week did make a difference, she looked kind of more squashed in the 30 week one!

:lol: oh brill so i'm going to be seeing a squished baby :cry:

Im 33 weeks nearly and just thought about having it but may not be worth it now?!

I had mine at 28 weeks I wanted to get it done earlier but was glad I waited as the pics were ace!!

https://i33.tinypic.com/xpbt55.jpg

I had mine at 18 weeks and 28+4 weeks lol. The 18 weeks ones were rubbish but i had great ones at me later scan :) xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->