4d scan, when is the ideal time to have one?

ke29

Reaction score
I have an anterior placenta and am wanting to have a 4d scan but I cant remember how far along I was with my other 2 when I had one. Just wondered if anybody had one more recently and had any thoughts on timing for best images. We dont want to go too soon and baby be skin and bones but at the same time we dont want to go too late and LO be squished up.

I think around 32 weeks is recommended for it to look as much like it will when born. It's around 27 weeks that it starts to look less wrinkly as it start putting on fat. I'm having one at 32 weeks to check the growth and hopefully get an estimated weight and then they can also flip over to the 4d screen and take photos there. So excited to see her.

Mmmm.. I think from about 24 weeks is a good time. We were told not to go for the 4D after 32 weeks.

My profile pic is of our son at 20 weeks in 4D. So even that early we got beautiful photos as there was still allot of amniotic fluid and she could easily get views from different angles.

I think they generally recommend between 26-32 weeks. Dont want them too squished up in there, but you also want them to have enough fat on them to see those chubby little cheeks. I'll probably schedule ours for 27/28 weeks.

We are having our first one ever at 27 weeks :) I also have anterior and this seems to seem like a good point to go for them not to be squished X

I just went for one at 17W 5D. (Only to find out the gender sooner with DH as he cant make it to any of my regular appointments). Anyways it was kind of distorted and bubbly looking but I wasn't expecting the most clarity. She told me to come back around 26 weeks but not too much later. She said that's when she gets most people to come in, any later on all you will be able to see is a very close-up view of babys face and nothing else.

We did our at about 27 weeks with both ours and it was good. I had anterior placenta and carry weight on my tummy plus the cord was infont of the face both times so it made finding a good angle awkward but I was happy with the pics. Once the baby's head gets too low in the pelvis you cant even see the face on a scan so you definitely dont want to leave it too late.

Thanks everyone, I will aim for 26-27 weeks x

I had mine at 28 weeks. She was perfect and looked like a real baby, not too thin or squashed up :)

We had a sneak peek when we went for our private gender scan, and it was cool to see the baby in 3D at 16 weeks, but I probably wouldn't have paid for a scan that early just for that. They recommended that we come back for the novelty face shots between 30-32 weeks, so that's probably what we're going to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->