4yr old out at 4am

missbabypo

Mummy to Riley and Bump!
Reaction score
This story just goes to show that I am not an idiot for making sure that the chain is on the door and the stair gate closed because I am scared they will get out!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4560774/Girl-4-found-alone-on-street-at-430am.html

Im so glad she was ok! That's scary to think she'd managed to get out of the house on her own, it's lucky someone trustworthy helped her :)

scary!

this comment is a bit stupid though '“She was such a chatty, jolly, little girl which made me think she might not have been taught not to talk to strangers.” I don't teach amelie not to talk to strangers. Don't go off with a stranger but she's allowed to say hello!

How scary, anybody could have got her. Glad she was returned home safe and sound.

It is true though, she is very lucky that she was picked up by someone without ill intentions. I'm wondering how she got out as well. I mean, now, we leave the key in the door, but when Alex is older, it will be taken out. There's no way to get out of our house with the key gone.

Glad she was found safe, guess it could happen to anyone person who doesnt lock the front door, me included :blush:

This happened to my son but in the day time. He was at his dad's and his dad had unfortunately fallen asleep without locking the door but it had never occurred to him that a 2 year old knew how to get out of the front door. He managed to make it to the main road when someone stopped him and asked where his parents were. He didn't know his way back so they called the Police and the Police took him up the nearby streets knocking on all the doors. They found the house as he obviously hadn't shut the door behind him.

I was understandably absolutely furious when I found out it happened for obvious reasons but came to realise it was just something he never thought would happen. Luckily my son was safe and it was someone without ill intention who found him and called the Police. I'm also glad he didn't make it onto the road!!!!

That's scary! but so possible too. At that age kids know how to open doors but have no real idea that outside isn't a safe place when they're by themselves

It is true though, she is very lucky that she was picked up by someone without ill intentions. I'm wondering how she got out as well. I mean, now, we leave the key in the door, but when Alex is older, it will be taken out. There's no way to get out of our house with the key gone.

Problem is that sometimes that toddlers are capable of things before we know about it.

River opened the door one, put her red wellys on and legged it. We didnt realise for a few minutes because she often goes quiet upstairs or in the kitchen, she was outside with the dog. The few minutes i couldnt see her were terrifying though!

Door was locked from then on and soon had a chain on which she couldnt reach

I'm glad she's safe again.... I know people are saying it's great/lucky it was a well meaning person who picked her up and not some one with ill intentions, which is true but the majority of people out there ARE good people. It's the media that makes people think that everyone's a baddie!

I'm glad she's safe again.... I know people are saying it's great/lucky it was a well meaning person who picked her up and not some one with ill intentions, which is true but the majority of people out there ARE good people. It's the media that makes people think that everyone's a baddie!

I completely agree but having it happen to my own child all I thought was he could have been one of those children. It wasn't as likely as him being picked up by someone good but it was still a possibility and it was terrifying x

oh my god! how lucky she was that it wasnt a horrible person that found her this is my nightmare!

we live on the ground floor of a block of flats with electric doors in the communal hallway which DS can now reach the button for!

our door is locked with the chain on and the keys taken out whenever we are at home!

it wasnt so bad when he couldnt reach the outside button because he couldnt go anywhere!

Omg!

In my house I have a door then a porch then a door. I always lock the doors and move the keys, its a habit

We lock the doors in our house now anyway. Not just because DS has proven to be a little adventurous lol but because we live in a first floor maisonette in not a brilliant area so someone could like open the door and steal the pram which we keep behind the door or sneak up into the house. I lock especially if it's just me in too because I'm paranoid haha x

That is so scary, im glad she was found by someone with good intentions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->