4yr old out at 4am

scary!

this comment is a bit stupid though '“She was such a chatty, jolly, little girl which made me think she might not have been taught not to talk to strangers.” I don't teach amelie not to talk to strangers. Don't go off with a stranger but she's allowed to say hello!

Same here. Logan's 3 and will literally talk to anyone. Infact he walks up to men in shops regularly!! Of course I get him to come back to me but how do you introduce the stranger rule without changing his happy jolly chatty boldness. He's yet to learn that we can't trust everyone! X

Scary, but I don't think the mother is to blame. My 3-turning-4-year old is constantly surprising me by how much higher/farther/faster he can reach and open things.
And while I usually wake up when my son gets out of bed, there are nights when I am so dead tired that he has to give me a shake to wake me up.
I could absolutely see how this could happen to the best of parents.

Had to add: I do not envy that poor mother the moment in the wee hours of the morning when she answered her door to find the police waiting to hand her kid back to her. Ugh! I can only imagine how horrifying that moment would be. :nope:

Scary, think its harsh the comments on the sun, every one 'who have never done a thing wrong' sticking their two pennies in, it's such an unfortunate thing to happen, but I lock the door and leave the keys in, Riley getting up and letting himself out has neer even crossedy mind, which obviously makes me a bad parent too.. Things like that just wouldn't even cross your mind, you wouldn't think your child could get up and do that with out you waking up and knowing..

At least the story has a happy ending, it doesn't bear thinking about how different the ending could have been

We had a similar story happen here - an 18-month old crawled out of his window while he was supposed to be having a nap and was saved from certain death by the quick thinking of a bus driver who saw him running into a very busy street. (She turned her bus sideways to block the lanes, opened her door and snatched him up in the nick of time.) The poor mother must have been hysterical when she got him back. How do some children survive toddlerhood? :nope:

We can't lock the door and take the key out because ours doesn't lock with a key, it has one of those stupid silver things that you twist. Super easy for both the boys to open :(

Scary, think its harsh the comments on the sun, every one 'who have never done a thing wrong' sticking their two pennies in, it's such an unfortunate thing to happen, but I lock the door and leave the keys in, Riley getting up and letting himself out has neer even crossedy mind, which obviously makes me a bad parent too.. Things like that just wouldn't even cross your mind, you wouldn't think your child could get up and do that with out you waking up and knowing..

At least the story has a happy ending, it doesn't bear thinking about how different the ending could have been

We always leave the key in too.... but I do this for a more probable reason! If the house is on fire I need to know where the key is. My OH is terrible for locking the door and just throwing the key somewhere without thinking. I am paranoid that through all the smoke and hysteria we will not find the key and all burn to death!! :doh:.... So I leave the key in the door too. But we do have a baby gate at the top of the stair, which will be staying there till he's 10 :haha:

We always leave the key in too.... but I do this for a more probable reason! If the house is on fire I need to know where the key is. My OH is terrible for locking the door and just throwing the key somewhere without thinking. I am paranoid that through all the smoke and hysteria we will not find the key and all burn to death!! :doh:.... So I leave the key in the door too. But we do have a baby gate at the top of the stair, which will be staying there till he's 10 :haha:
That's partly my reason too, as if they're not in the back of the door, they go missing!! I've even had Riley post them out he letter box while the door was locked before... :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->